Firearms Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

30-year-old self-defense enthusiast.

I am a lifetime martial artist. I have competed in boxing, judo, jujitsu, and MMA. I feel that my latest foray into firearms is just an extension of my martial arts training.

Besides, my body is definitely telling me it is not interested in training for the cage any more!

Not sure what else to say!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome and glad to have you around :cool:

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What weapons do you have?

What's your interests, target, carry, home defense, competition?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I carry a taurus M66 7-shot .357 in the fall and winter, and in warmer months a 605 snubby in .357. I have a Ruger super Redhawk in .454 and a New Vaquero in .357. My wife has a Raven .25 (A gift from my uncle...I swear we didn't BUY it!).

I am getting her a 9mm CZ 2075 for her birthday.

I am primarily a self-defense guy. I started out as a martial artist and amateur fighter. As I studied fighting, guns were the obvious evolution. I'm 30 now, and I just can train like the 20-year-olds anymore, so guns seemed like a natural progression.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hello all!

30-year-old self-defense enthusiast.

I am a lifetime martial artist. I have competed in boxing, judo, jujitsu, and MMA. I feel that my latest foray into firearms is just an extension of my martial arts training.

Besides, my body is definitely telling me it is not interested in training for the cage any more!

Not sure what else to say!
Welcome to the forum, Scrap. Your better 1/2 should like the CZ, My P-01 serves me well.:)

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Teach me MMA!!! Actually I am thinking of training over at Royce Gracie MMA in East Windsor. You think that would be a wise move?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Should be fine. Royce affiliates are getting a little commercial, but there is still quality training to be had there.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Welcome aboard, and please, for the love of God, kick Canebrake's *** for dissing modern technology.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts