Firearms Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

My wife and I are brand new firearms owners in Pima county AZ. On November 7th we decided that it was time to get serious about firearms ownership.

We went down to our friendly neighborhood gun store filled out our 4473 and took home our new purchases. We had up to that point never had any sort of firearms. But due to the political climate we felt that it would be best to buy now. The folks at the gun store were very helpful in helping us identify what weapons would fit our needs as well as getting us in contact with a good instructor to help us with safety and good weapons handling techniques.

I have been reading up on the different types and uses for firearms for several years now. I had good idea of what I needed and wanted when we went into the gun shop. We settled on the Sig P220 Extreme for my handgun. Later, at the range we discovered that the action was to heavy for my wife cycle safely. However, she really liked the .45. So back to the gun shop we went. She and the sales guy went though most of the inventory of compact .45s before she declared the Baby Eagle .45 by IMI to be her favorite.

That first day we also took home a Sionics AR-15 5.56, a Remington 887 Nitro Tactical and a Mossberg 930.

I was surprised when I took the Mossberg apart for its first cleaning to find a wooden dowel in the magazine tube. It took me awhile to figure out that it was there for compliance in some states' magazine and hunting laws. That was clarified for me by the instructor at the range. I had replaced the dowel when I reassembled the shotgun thinking that it was best to put it back the way it was. That is, until I could find out WHY someone would stick a piece of wood into an all metal and plastic weapon..

Suffice to say, both my wife and I have been very happy to meet folks in the so called "gun culture" and have found them universally friendly and helpful.

Best regards to all and sundry! :)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Welcome. It is always great to have more from the great free state of Arizona. Enjoy shooting your new guns!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you hiwall, we have been and shall continue to do so.... If we can find ammo for reasonable prices! I really hope the market cools off soon.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from Oregon.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our city council and county officials are by and large hard left progressives. They are strongly influenced by our dear comrades over at the U of A. Not much they do surprises me these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts