Firearms Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya folks! Just recently got into shooting thx to my wife's family. We've inherited a total of 3 guns from her late father. A savage arms model 34c BA .22, a winchester 12-gauge, and a .357 magnum (service revolver). After shooting the first 2 a few times I decided I wanted my own .22 and picked up a Marlin 60SB. At the same time I got each of my kids a crickett. :D

We go out to the desert here in Boise almost every weekend to do some plinking and skeet shooting. I'm now contemplating getting a 9mm or .40 for concealed carry. Here are some pics....

and yes, I'm a black guy living in Boise, slowly turning into a gun freak. :p

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Furad!

The love of the Second Amendment and the love of shooting is color blind, as we are here on this site. It's about Laws and Lawful Citizens, as opposed to those that break the laws and don't want to be part of a structured society, not the color of their skin.

Look forward to reading some of your posts.

JD

·
Registered
353 Posts
welcome aboard from Pennsylvania

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
A Boise man???!!? Oh, I don't think I can handle THAT!!

Just kidding, man. Welcome to our little band of gun toters.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Furad, glad to have you aboard!

and yes, I'm a black guy living in Boise, slowly turning into a gun freak.
Now that's a formidable looking recon team! You must be a proud squad leader!

As a noobie you are required to bring two things to the FTF;

1. Thick skin and,
  2. A sense of humor that allows you to laugh at everything, including yourself!

And as far as that other thing, "slowly turning into a gun freak", well cinch up your seat belt Furad, participation in the FTF will speed that process up a notch or two! (That's WARP SPEED notches!)

I can't tell you how much I enjoy seeing a father properly introduce his kids to firearms!

They have been a part of my life for six decades and I still remember (if only through repeatedly hearing the story) of my first shot taken with a M1911A1 45ACP that my Dad carried throughout Europe 1944-45. I was age 5, well almost six! It was a life experience.

It is so much healthier to have respect and knowledge of firearms as opposed to fear!

Keep up the good fight! It's an American Heritage!

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Welcome aboard, Furad!

Handsome family. A family that shoots together stays together and watches each other's backs!

What, no pic of the wife.:p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Getting everything ready for some zombie training in the desert as we speak. :p

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Welcome in! Furad

Hay welcome to the forum. Great to see a Father, with his sons, in process of learning a great sport/life endeavor:D Be sure to teach those young lads the proper cleaning methods of their rifles after the range time!:) Stick around and speak up;)

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcome Furad and glad to have you around! :D

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Welcome Furad,
That's a nice picture of you and your sons. It's a great sport to teach your kids as it is fun but also has that responsibility value.

·
Registered
727 Posts
How goes it neighbor! So what do you do? I'm a Cable Guy here in town.
I am your typical bookkeeper , I have tats all over me. Right now I am preparing taxes. Glad to have another neighbor here. Check out that link I sent you. It is great for local shoots.:D

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
We go out to the desert here in Boise

They have desert in Idaho???

Anyway, welcome to the crew.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts