Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ello, just found the forums via iPhone app. I currently live in Ann arbor. I am looking to soon get my instructor credentials to teach CPL classes here in Michigan

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
I thought everyone in AA was a tree huggin' kommie pinko??
I usta' live there and as everyone here can contest; I'M NOT!

to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Ann Arbor - Firearm instructor, isn't that an Oxymoron?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn the nuances of the screwy MI firearm laws. I have yet to find a CPL instructor that correctly knows the law.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gearhead396 said:
Welcome to the forum from Texas :)
I lived in Plano for a little bit, love Texas. I purchase a pistol before my move. I actually left before I could get it "inspected" by Detroit police. I called them once I moved and asked about it, they said I was in the hands of Texas law now. That's when I found out, no registration in Texas. The guy at the gun range just smiled when I asked him and said "welcome to Texas"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
partdeux said:
Welcome to the forum

Ann Arbor - Firearm instructor, isn't that an Oxymoron?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn the nuances of the screwy MI firearm laws. I have yet to find a CPL instructor that correctly knows the law.
My cpl class instructor brought in a lawyer for the legalities of cpl ownership. He of course offered his services if we ever found ourself in hot water with the law. Is this typical for a cpl class ?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Americaneagle said:
I lived in Plano for a little bit, love Texas. I purchase a pistol before my move. I actually left before I could get it "inspected" by Detroit police. I called them once I moved and asked about it, they said I was in the hands of Texas law now. That's when I found out, no registration in Texas. The guy at the gun range just smiled when I asked him and said "welcome to Texas"
Haha ya theres no waits on the guns I buy pistol or rifle no registration just full out a paper one paper and you can buy as many as want also two three or ten :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
My cpl class instructor brought in a lawyer for the legalities of cpl ownership. He of course offered his services if we ever found ourself in hot water with the law. Is this typical for a cpl class ?
No it is not... on the local forum, there was even a report from someone that took a class where a lawyer taught the legal portion, and the lawyer didn't know the law either :( I struggled to find a class for my father in law, and every single person and business I contacted, except for one, got one or more of my questions wrong. The one that got all the questions right, cancelled the class and never bothered to notify me :(

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hello from Grand Rapids. When me and my wife took our Cpl class they brought a lawyer in for the legal part of the class. He was very helpfull and we could ask any questions and he had an answer. He gave us his business card and i still have it in my wallet right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts