New Gunsmith

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by billy_shea, Mar 4, 2008.

1. billy_shea

billy_shea New Member

Hey all. I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. I am a married 28 year old Army vet, with four kids and just opened my own gunsmithing business here in Northwest Michigan. I was just writing to inquire if there is anyone out there who might be willing to possibly sell off some old tools and such, so that I could get things off the ground a bit quicker. If this sounds like a good deal for ya, please, I mean please e-mail me at billy_22_mi@yahoo.com

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Congrats on opening your gunsmithing shop. I need all the tooling I have + a lot more-sorry. Where did you go to smithing school?

3. billy_shea

billy_shea New Member

School

Well, after eight years in the Army as a weapons spec. my firearms knowledge increased a bit there, and I went to Penn Foster for the civilian end of things and certifications.

4. johnoboland

johnoboland New Member

Congratulations and thanks for serving, very few do. I don't have any tools but I do have a question. What is the most common cause of smokstacking/stove piping in 1911 type pistols?

5. b00mer

b00mer New Member

usually a bad mag , sometimes feed ramp has a nick or burr, but mostly mag's

6. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I'd actually like to know just exactly how much work you can do? I want someone to make/machine a new mag release for my AK/RPK... Can you make custom pieces like this?

7. JPBeck

JPBeck New Member

Welcome and thanks for your service-- I need a refinish on a 1911. :)

8. kris

kris New Member

i don't want anything from you. good luck with your shop. mabye scabs will leave you alone till you get set up .ibusiness is fun. _ scabs / not fun,itchy!

9. bountyhunter

bountyhunter New Member

Good luck sir, but I never sell old tools or old guns.:D

10. bountyhunter

bountyhunter New Member

I would have guessed a weak magazine spring.....