New Gun

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by sweeper22, Sep 10, 2010.

1. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Picking this up tonight. Nothing I really need, just too good of a package to pass up I suppose. Like new XD45 compact with just 50rds through it, 4 total mags, and a brand new SuperTuck to boot!

$460 for everything. So I said, "I'll take it!"

Attached Files:

• xd45.jpg
      xd45.jpg
      File size:
      69.9 KB
      Views:
  2. orangello

orangello New Member

Very nice! I love my XD45; i bet you will enjoy yours too.

3. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Want to make a dollar?

4. orangello

orangello New Member

The extra mags & carrier in their neat little box are cool, and i've seen the same setup before. I didn't realize that was an option when i picked up a few extra mags at the gun show. I doubt i would need the extra mag carrier, but it would be cool to have.

C'mon man, you KNOW the feds are monitoring for counterfeiting discussions.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congrats. Let us know how it shoots for you.

6. Canon1DsMKIV

Canon1DsMKIV New Member

Awesome score there! Looks pretty sweet. I love my Springfield...

7. Angry_bald_guy

Angry_bald_guy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Wow! I'd almost give my left nut for a score like that!

8. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

I would give your left nut for a score like that. I wouldn't want it anyway.

Good find!

9. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Nice! That's actually what i paid for my XD45 Compact, which also came with 4 mags, only I didn't get the SuperTuck. Mine also had more rounds through it, but I got it from a friend so I know it's been taken care of. I also ended up buying a SuperTuck and it's my daily carry, and is a pretty sweet set up in my opinion. I hope it works out as well for you as it has for me.

-Fred

10. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

How good is the XD45 Compact at concealability?

11. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I'm not a big guy, 6'4" 190 lbs, and I can conceal it under shorts and a Large t-shirt with no problems. Notice that large with a big l, so my shirts aren't even that big. When I'm at work I have to tuck my shirt in and i can even conceal it there with no problems. Overall I'm very happy with it as a CCW.

-Fred

12. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Your source wouldn't have anything else to sell would he?

Guy I work with was talking about selling an XDm 9 mm because his son didn't like it. I guess I was too eager, he hasn't mentioned it in a few weeks! Gotta tone down that; "how much?"

13. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

Hey thanks for the info Fred! :)

I have been researching on again and off again on what would be a good CCW for two years now (I know its sad :eek:) and I have a couple of models in mind on what I want to check out. The XD series just happens to be one of them. That's good to know that the compact model has some relative ease on concealability. I'll keep that in mind when I go test out a couple of pistols here soon. Thanks again! :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  14. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Now keep in mind I've only been carrying it for a week and have never carried anything else, so I have nothing to compare it to. But for having eleven rounds of .45, it doesn't bother me a bit.

The only thing that is somewhat irritating, is that I have to keep my belt super tight to keep it from sagging, but I'm not sure if that is because of the weight of the gun or the fact that I've gotta a cheap crappy belt that I've had for about 5 years. I'm thinking it's the belt. I'm planning on ordering a good gun belt in the next couple weeks, so once it comes in I can let you know for sure.

-Fred

15. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I got a XDm 45 from the uncle of the guy that I got the XD from and couldn't be happier. As far as range/home defense/SHTF gun, I can't think of many other pistols that would fill all three roles as nicely as it does. I was actually thinking of getting an XDm 9, but decided to go with a CZ. I'll probably end up getting one eventually though.

-Fred

16. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I am going to go to the Orlando show next weekend and see what price can be negotiated for the XDm 9 compact. If I can get it to around $500 I will buy it.

17. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Good luck with that, even used 3.8s are selling for over $500...

18. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Very nice.

What is the mag capacity on that baby?

19. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

That is a great score! I just traded my XD40 for a bi-tone XD45C and I love it. Thankfully, my crossbreed QwikClip for the 40 fit the 45 perfectly as well!

20. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I actually might head over there myself. I didn't know it was this weekend. It seems like there was just a show a month or so ago.

But just out of curiosity, what is your intended purpose for the 3.8? When I first heard about them, I thought "Sweet! A concealable XDm!", then I found out that they had the full size grip, and I find myself trying to find a use for one. They aren't any more concealable than the full size because the grip is the hardest thing to conceal, and they don't have the longer barrel of the full size, so there is a possibility for reduced accuracy. I guess I just find myself scratching my head at it.

Just curious.

-Fred