New Gun Purchase

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by roguejesse, May 31, 2012.

1. roguejesse

roguejesse New Member

I am considering buying a new pocket size pistol. I'm considering the following:
    Beretta Nano
    S&W M&P Shied
    Ruger LCP
    Ruger LC9
    Walther PPQ

I'm open to any other suggestions.
    I would also like to hear people's experience with these pistols; pros & cons.

Thanks Jesse

2. juststartin5272

juststartin5272 New Member

Why not a revolver, the lcr or the bodyguard perhaps. Both I believe are available in 357 mag so you would have the choice of carrying 38 or 357

3. roguejesse

roguejesse New Member

I decide on the M&P Shield. Now it's a matter of getting my hands on one. I'm on the waiting list at my gun shop.

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I vote on the shield too. Yes they are backordered everywhere. Lot people said the trigger pull is very nice.

5. gollygee

gollygee New Member

My wife bought a Sig P238 & I like it. If I ever pocket carry, believe it'd be the one. May try to catch one of the new Colt Mustangs for myself, but I don't really like pocket carry except in cold weather & in a jacket pocket.

The P238 is only a .380, but if I do carry in the pocket, it'll be as a back-up anyway. Sig came out with a small 9mm, slightly larger than the 238, but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  6. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I have a Sig 238 for pocket carry and I really kind of like that gun. Shot a LC9 and it was very sharp recoiling and not very pleasant to shoot.