new gun fever

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by 7point62, Nov 19, 2013.

1. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I've got it right now. Once I get it I can't make it stop. It starts and I think I won't be complete as a human until I get the gun in my hand. And then the guilt sets in. How can I justify the expense? Should I tell the wife? Should I just buy the damn thing and worry about the consequences later?

What the hell...you only live once...:D

2. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I know the feeling all too well. It strikes without warning and consumes your thoughts. I've ended up with a fairly decent collection as a result of this mania.
    I've always been able to justify my purchases (at least to myself) by remembering that guns rarely go DOWN in value over the long term. Unless they are abused or not properly cared for they can likely be sold for more $$$ in a few years than you pay today.

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

Yes. Always.

Also try to get her on board with every purchase.

But having the fever is not a bad thing as long as it doesn't put you in too much debt!

4. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Oh yeah, this week I had a bit of discretionary income. I thought really hard about what to do.
    I haven't bought a gun for a while and have the itch. I went to all the lgs' s, hemmed and hawed, didn't see anything I couldn't live without that day. Went home and ordered a case of Italian red wines.

Hey, life's a series of trade offs, ok?

5. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

It's called a guilty pleasure....;)

6. stratrider

stratrider New Member

I know that feeling all too well. Thankfully, my wife likes guns too and she never objects. I had to buy a lever gun when I was home. A Rossi 30-30. Now? I'm wanting a 45-70. I don't even know why. Too many YouTube vids and various reviews I guess. Now... Henry or Rossi again? That is my current dilemma.

7. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

That henry looks nice. I got one on my list for the same reason.

8. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

What kind of gun is it?

Ive been lusting over a Garand for years.... (^%$#^ YOU CMP!!! :mad: )
    I still cant believe two words make a $600 gun into a $3000 one... :(

9. Point6liter

Point6liter New Member

Dude, whatever you do, never ask for permission. Remember that it's ALWAYS easier to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission. Good luck to you.

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

I never said anything about asking for permission. I simply said to tell the wife.