Firearms Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just recently (as in yesterday) bought my first ever gun. It is a Marlin model 60 .22 long rifle. I had the pleasure of going out this morning and firing off a few rounds through it. Loads of fun and it seems like it is going to be the perfect "starter" gun.

Anyway I am a gun noob and just happened to stumble across these forums. I am sure I will be asking a lot of dumb questions but we all have to start some where.:)

Thanks, Dave Johnson.

·
Banned
6,964 Posts
Welcome, Dave. Knock yourself out with the questions and comments!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you bkt.

I have already started in with a question regarding handguns and have received a quick response. I am glad to be a part of this community and hope to learn a lot from the members here.:)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome Dave and congratulations on your new gun and welcome to the gun owners club :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Welcome Dave and look forward to reading your posts! You made a good purchase. The Marlin Mod. 60 action has been around for decades and is a very accurate rifle. It's refreshing to see a newcomer to the dwindling fraternity of gun owners in this country!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot everyone for the warm welcome.
I am very happy to be a part of the community and hope to learn and help teach other newbies as well. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hello all,

I just recently (as in yesterday) bought my first ever gun. It is a Marlin model 60 .22 long rifle. I had the pleasure of going out this morning and firing off a few rounds through it. Loads of fun and it seems like it is going to be the perfect "starter" gun.

Anyway I am a gun noob and just happened to stumble across these forums. I am sure I will be asking a lot of dumb questions but we all have to start some where.:)

Thanks, Dave Johnson.
Dave is really kewl, him and I are looking for the best bang for your buck when it comes to handguns. I'm a handgun n00b. Love my riffles and my shotguns, just never owned a handgun. What's some good models for n00bs.

Thanks John

:confused:

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave - I look forward to answering some of those questions where I can.

JD

·
Registered
496 Posts
Dave, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new buy. My first firearm was a Marlin Mod. 60 that I recieved when I was 8. I love, Love, LOVE that rifle.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Enjoy your new toy Dave. I got my first .22 single shot in 1959. Got my first shotgun in 1958. I killed alot more game with the .22 than I did the shotgun, after I got the .22. At present I have no idea how many guns I have. By the time you get to be an old man like I am I hope you can be so fortunate.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Enjoy your new toy Dave. I got my first .22 single shot in 1959. Got my first shotgun in 1958. I killed alot more game with the .22 than I did the shotgun, after I got the .22. At present I have no idea how many guns I have. By the time you get to be an old man like I am I hope you can be so fortunate.
Thanks, and I certainly do hope to one day have too many guns to count.:cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks, and I certainly do hope to one day have too many guns to count.:cool:
I took Dave to see my Pop's collection and he has too many to count. Dave is a really cool guy and will be a big help in keeping our rights here in Iowa.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts