Firearms Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
1,485 Posts
@Ajr - Welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information on the site): So yer new here, huh?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I suggest that you get on a Smith and Wesson forum and post your question there - the answer will be in the Catalog of Smith and Wesson - someone there will have one and will be able to look-up the build date of your Revolver by it's SN

·
Supporting Member
14,871 Posts
Ajr
Here is the serial number spread which yours falls within the parameters for the K Frame Revolver production dates.
Yours is K184xxx
This is what I found, Serial Numbers K175,638 – K210,095...1953

When you get it out send us a Range Report and some pictures. I use to compete in police matches with a 14 6" Barrel. It was a very accurate revolver. I shot a lot of 300 scores with it, with 300 being a perfect score. So, enjoy that new revolver! :D

Thanks for joining us! And welcome from Tennessee!

Reactions: alsaqr and OldGnome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I was finding the model 14-3 was made 1967-1977. But its like the serial number on the gun is missing numbers. Gun was not tampered with. I looked under the grip and same number. Its only 7 digits long 10k184_
Its a nice clean gun looks to be well taken care if. Im looking forward to using it. But wow im a bad shot with the double action, not horrible single action. Guess i need lots more trips to the range.

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
14,871 Posts
Sorry about that! The information is confusing on it on the internet. In one place I thought I was hot on the trail like it might have been made in 1977. Now I am curious, so the serial number does start off with the 10K and only 7 digits long? I am clear now! I will let you know if I find anything else.
And wish I had my Model 14 back.

·
Supporting Member
14,871 Posts
Ajr
This might be it. This is serial numbers for the K Frames which yours is.
10K001 — 24K9,999............1977

1 - 12 of 12 Posts