New gun at work

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ShagNasty1001, Feb 8, 2012.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I unload freight for hunting and fishing for academy sports and outdoors so I get to see all the new guns we get in and as I was looking at the long gun boxes I noticed a familiar logo so I looked at the papers with the guns we're supposed to receive etc and sure enough, we got in a red jacket AR. Since when did they start distributing firearms out? Especially since of all ATF shenanigans they got into

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

The poor unsuspecting masses that will swarm on it becuase they don't know any better and RJ has a TV show so they must know what they are doing.

3. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Yeah and for 1200 bucks, I'd rather buy the Sigs we carry or one of the smiths and buy extra toys for it for that price

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I think your right MJ the average American that watchs their show really doesnt see thru all the smoke and mirrors and believes in what they see on TV. Myself believes they probably do make some quality stuff thats over priced but all the schenanigans I see on TV makes me wonder if they truley know what the hell they are doing . I know alot of this is for TV and helps keep peoples attention because people want to see soap opera drama . Me I just wanna see some kick *** guns making bullets fly down range with good reports :D

5. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Here are some pictures I was able to snag. It has a magpul pop up rear sight, forward hand guard and collapsible stock. I broke it down and the bolt was scratched, barrel wasn't cleaned and it had the "RJF" logo printed at least 5 times on it

Attached Files:

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

What are the specs?

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I would like to know this also, but this is what they claim online

Specifications:

Bolt- Meets and/or exceeds all Mil-Spec requirements. Each is individually MPI and HPT (High Pressure Tested) tested and certified. High Nickel and Chromium content alloy for longevity and the ultimate in reliability. Every bolt is equipped with an extreme duty extractor and spring set. Fully stress relieved and surface hardened.

Carrier- Mil-Spec M-16 style carrier for the smoothest action and utmost reliability. These are phosphate coated and properly staked to ensure a long life. RJF Logo laser engraved and visible through ejection port. All componets are MilSpec, with a hard chrome firing pin.

The upper and lower receivers are forged from 7075-T6 aluminum, equipped with a either a 1/7 Twist rate M4 profile chrome lined barrel or a match grade 1/7 stainless barrel, fluted for stiffness and superior accuracy.

These come in your choice of 4 Magpul furniture colors. The gun ships with the Magpul CTR, MOE pistol grip and MOE forend, one Magpul PMAG included.

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

can we get a few pics of the feed ramps and the staking on the bolt ?

9. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Didn't really say. I know it's a .223, id presume a 5.56 but the barrel never said. Regular 16" barrel, no markings at all so I'm not sure on barrel twist

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Did you check under the handguard?

The site doesn't even say what cal it is.

All I have to say is, Why. Why when you can get a PSA w/ similar if not better specs and midlength to boot?

Did you see their $2500 piston gun they're coming out w/? Stupid.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  11. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Meh i prefer my BCM.... and it was 200.00 cheaper

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I had a buddy over for the supper bowl and asking if I knew if he could buy a Red Jacket internally suppressed AK...

Had to roll my eyes and chuckle.

Then on Monday nights Canun Pawn Stars they bought a Replica 1717 French Musket from a customer for $750.00
    I can buy the same Replica online for $499.00

A guy could make some decent gun fund money by buying what we see on these shows then selling them for the prices these TV idiots say there worth. Of course you'd be need to be ok with screwing over friends who trust your judgement and integrity and I just could not go there.

Tack

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

And you know it's quality. No guessing game involved. That's worth another $200-$300 at least.

RJ obviously has no integrity.

14. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I had the thing broken down as soon as it was out of the box and looked all over. From the part of the barrel showing, it didn't have any markings at all on it besides the stupid logo. I think that they're over compensating for something if they have to logo every moving part on the gun. I told everyone who looked at it how sketch the company is and they all agreed the smiths and windam* weaponry ARs were way better and 400 bucks cheaper

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I want to see a picture w/ that thing covered in dust sitting in a corner somewhere :)

16. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

in about 6 months you will find that thing on the discount rack :eek:

17. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

I emailed RJ two weeks ago about there 1911. I would buy one, not to shoot but as an investment. Could be worth a lot of $ someday.
    Flash forward 20 years & RJ will be the one's that saved the 2A. Lol most likely not but most investments don't pan out well.

And I hate there show.

18. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

How about you just send the money to me. You're return will be identical, zero :D

19. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Haha I'll see what I can do. It'll be like the rest of the expensive as sh*t guns that won't be bought up in the gun rack for months and just a show piece unless an idiot comes into work and doesn't listen like most of them

20. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

It's sad but it could happen.