New gun at the Range

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by RetiredLEO, May 25, 2011.

1. RetiredLEO

RetiredLEO New Member

I just bought a Walther PK 380 as I had become fed up with my Bersa. The bersa is a fine weapon but like my Sig Mosquito is it far too picky with ammo and I got tired of hunting around to find the correct ammo. Another problem I had with the Bersa is not really a fault of the Bersa but another problem. The problem is that I am retired from the NYPD because I was shot in the hand and I have had reconstructive surgerys to repair my hand. This has made racking a slide difficult and painful as well as trying to reach the magazine release which for some reason is way up on top.

Well, I got to the range with the PK380 last time and my groups were way left. The rear sight had to be pushed or whatever its called. Now the sights are centered and its great! Here she is as well as some targets that made it home:

[​IMG]

At 7 yards with the PK380:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At 17 yards with the PK380:

[​IMG]

2. RetiredLEO

RetiredLEO New Member

At 17 yards with the Mosquito:

[​IMG]

At 7 yards with the Bersa:

[​IMG]

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm glad you found a pistol that works better for you. How's the Walther to field strip & clean?

4. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

Good shootin'.

Really nice lookin' gun there I had thought about one of those PK380s.

Love those Zombie targets.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Nice work on that zombie bear there!

6. RetiredLEO

RetiredLEO New Member

Its not that hard to disassembly. They give you a key. Insert the key turn 135 degrees (after about 90 it snaps into place), pull the take down switch down and the slide comes right off the frame; forward. Be sure that the hammer is down though. It will snap forward if you don't. However, reassembly can be challenging because you have to full compress the recoil spring on the guide rod before inserting it into the slide and it wants to slip out of your grasp. It flew across the room once, :eek:.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  7. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Nice shooting. That's the only .380 ACP I think that I would buy.

8. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

nice gun and great shooting

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

when i was pocket pistol shopping it came down to the your walther and the bersa thunder. i ended up doing the opposite you did as i couldnt get the hang of the walther mag release and went bersa :)

good to see i woulda ended up with a good shooter if i had of gone walther

10. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Nice shooting. Is the PK small enough for pocket carry?

11. PSmitty1

PSmitty1 New Member

My wife has a pk380. I wouldn't consider it to be a pocket gun. Too thick. It's comparable in size to a glock 26/27. The grip on this gun is extremely comfortable.

12. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Thanks I have'nt been able to put my hands on one. I'm thinking BG 380 or LCP instead thanks. Maybe a PK later.