Firearms Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was messing around the other day making new grips and had the emblems laying around, so I decided to try and put them on these grips. I now they are different emblems but decided to see what it would like. What you think?

Attachments

Registered
Very nice!!!

Registered
Hey guys I'm looking for blank wood grips for my 1911... I do custom carving and want to do a set... do any of you know where I could get the plain wood grips???

Banned
Hey guys I'm looking for blank wood grips for my 1911... I do custom carving and want to do a set... do any of you know where I could get the plain wood grips???
Ebay -----------
ditto on Ebay. check out the section for knife making supplies. there are several vendors there that sell lots of exotic wood scales for knives that are the perfect size for making 1911 grips. some of the prices are very decent.

Registered
I've made several hunting knife handles out of antler with different things carved into them and some with scorpions mounted in the butt of the handle... also I've done a few pistol grips... one set for my dad has an eagle head on each side... the price would probably depend on what the carving was I'm sure.... thx y'all I'll look on eBay

Registered
PoPos9, sorry for the
but.......this may be info everyone can use;

Hogue Auction Site This is where Hogue sells cosmetic and overstock grips.

This is a Govt. Model CoBo Ambidextrous Safety Cut for $11.73.

Azure Wood Wood stain Font Paint

http://www.hogueauction.com/item.php?id=48d7e4bb8b4c8a42e9be40a112e062b0

This is a Govt. Model Pau Ambidextrous Safety Cut Gunsmoke Logo for $18.78.

Wood Wood stain Pattern Electric blue Hardwood

http://www.hogueauction.com/item.php?id=044903cdd53284afa5538a703de7160a

You will need to check back often because their offerings are added randomly.

I have purchased from them and have been very satisfied.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.