Firearms Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a new Glock for my carry weapon. I currently own a 22 but it is too large. I also have a SIG but I don't want an external hammer for my carry weapon.

I am looking at a 17 or 19. Yes i know it is 9mm but i have weighed the pros and cons and that matches my philosophy of use. What do the forum gurus have to say?

·
Registered
13 Posts
19!!!! I've got a gen 4 19 an that thing is a tack driver! 9mm or 45 doesn't matter with a well placed shot(s). Don't let anyone tell u that a 9 is a bad round. How many years has the military took a beretta 92 to battle??? Point proven right there!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The 17 is the same size as your 22. If you're set on 9mm that leaves 19 and the sub compact, the 26. I would go with the 26 if it is going to be used strictly for CCW but you should handle both before you decide. Good Luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I got a brand new glock 19 gen 4 on Thursday and took it to the range for the first time today. I was getting great groups but they were all about six inches to the left of my aim point. I tried a different grip and sight picture. Same thing. I got my SIG out to see if it was me. It was not. I was hitting dead center. I let my buddy shoot the glock to see if he had the same issue. great groups, six inches to the left of his aim point.

Can the Glock gurus tell me what is going on?

BTW I have never had that issue with my glock 22.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Seems like a lot of people shoot left when they first start with Glocks but you said you shoot well with a G22 correct? If so you probably just need to adjust the rear sight, could be off a tad from factory.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seems like a lot of people shoot left when they first start with Glocks but you said you shoot well with a G22 correct? If so you probably just need to adjust the rear sight, could be off a tad from factory.
Yeah, no issues with my G22. I was thinking the sight could be off considering how fast they are producing them. How do you adjust the rear sight. I have never had to do it.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I would replace the plastic sights with metal ones. Glock sights tend to break. I have seen lots of new shooters shoot low and to the left with 17s and 19s, it was due to the grip. Heck, even rookie LEOs have this problem. Also, some students anticipate the snappy 9mm of the polymer gun before it fires. The result is dropping the gun low and to the left. Not saying these incidents relate to you, but these are the main causes. If I was a Glock fan, I would have switched to a G23 and stick with a .40.
Oh, the reason the military went with a Beretta was for financial reasons, and stayed with a 9mm because it is a NATO round. They should have chosen the HK45, which was designed for that specific military testing. I know troops and airmen that brought their own guns to recent conflicts to include Glocks. Navy is going back to .45, as well as SpecOps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts