Firearms Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I walk into my lgs yesterday to see if by some miracle he had small rifle primers. Of course he was sold out along with 60% of his normal gun stock. Anyways I walk over to the 1911 section and poke around for a bit then I move down to the normally empty Glock section and see that he has one on the top shelf. At a distance it looks like a gen 3 23 so I wasn't terribly excited being I already have one. Upon further evaluation I notice "30s" on the slide. No flipping way. I asked to see it and it was over. I had to trade my edc gen 2.5 30 in on it but I'm okay with it! This thing is thin!!! Taking it to the range tomorrow. Will post updates. Here's a of it next to my 23. The 23 is on the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
That is a lot of gun in a small package. Hope the Obama admin did not have you paying double for it under his program of selling 1.5 guns a second. Yep, in the past two months, 1.5 guns a second have been selling.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've heard that a lot so far. I haven't owned a gen 4 yet. Just 4 gen 3's. they fit me so it doesn't bother me. If I would of had the 30sf instead of the 30 I prolly would of passed on this 30S.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Well. It was a healthy price unfortunately. 590. I do admit to somewhat being violated but since I traded one in on it eased the pain a bit.
That's not that bad. My G30 was $539 back in 2003. Most of the ones I see these days at normal prices are around $550 or so. You may have paid a little excise tax for the times, but not like the ones paying $750 have. Enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.