New Glock! Yay.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by kdwolf, Oct 22, 2011.

1. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

Ok guys just bought a new glock 19 9mm. Was looking at the XD's but the guy at the shop sold me on the glock and it was a tad cheaper. Anything I should know about this guy since it is my first glock?

2. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Shoot it, shoot it again, and shoot it some more. Its a fine gun, go enjoy it!

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

3. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

Haha thanks for the quick response Alpha!

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Great choice, especially if you're going to carry.

5. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

The G19 is one of my favorites, though I don't mind the XDs (not so fond of the XDMs though :> ).

BTW, there is a recoil spring exchange for the Gen4s. Head over to the Glock site for information.

6. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

Yea it will be my carry weapon for sure, was thinking about getting a light for under the barrel for home defense also.

7. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

Thanks for the info blind!! Headed to the site now

8. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

the spring issue has been resolved. The gen 4 19's are now shipping with the "04" spring. The problem was with the "03" spring.

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I'm not a fan of lights. They can reveal your location. Consider night sights as another option.

10. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

Good point. Will look into some night sights. What about a custom slide plate? I'd really like to get one will that interfere with anything function wise?

11. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Like putting in a pool at your house, tacticool upgrades to a Glock pistol are something that will not likely increase the value. Just keep that in mind for the day you might want to trade it away.

I would just say to start with things that will improve the function, not necessarily the way it looks.

12. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

I love the compact Glocks. They fit my hand perfectly and for me, point naturally.
    IMO the only add-ons I would consider would be night sights and/or a Tac Light.
    I wasted some money initially on my first Glock on a Butt Plug and a guide rod laser. Although the unnecessary Butt Plug is still installed, the laser sits in my nightstand drawer.
    I only use my Tac Light when the gun is on my nightstand. I no longer keep the light attached when I go to the range because it gets totally mucked-up with residue from shooting.
    I do feel that the light gives you an edge in a nighttime defense situation. To avoid giving away your position with the light, it can be strobed and pointed at the ceiling for illumination.
    You, of course, will decide for yourself how to personalize your pistol. You have purchased one of the finest sidearms on the market. Enjoy!

13. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Wise choice sir! You'll be plenty impressed with Glock. Shoot the living snot out of it! Things that might help you that I did to mine...
    Try the lone wolf stainless guide rod and Wilson recoil buffer. I didn't care for the snappiness of my g17 and installed those....love it even more-Less muzzle flip. I've had mine since the end of January and over 3000 rds later....not one single problem. If you want a tiny bit more accuracy with tighter groups and if you're possibly going to be shooting reloads-Kkm precision barrel. If you want a crisper trigger and a 4.5# pull as opposed to the 5.5#, recommend a ghost Inc trigger connector. But....before you do ANYTHING to it....put at least 500 rds down range and you might decide you don't want to change anything at all. Just a suggestion. The thing you'll love about the glock, its easy as heck to do anything to. Very simple design.
    Happy shooting and Congrats on the purchase!

14. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

Thanks so much for all the info guys!!! Will def look into it all!

15. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

image-3106629392.jpg

There she is in all her glory!

16. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Single tear. She's beautiful

17. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

Oh lord I know it. You should have seen me un box her for the first time...amazing.

18. Glore

Glore New Member

Alot of people think Glocks are ugly. I think they are a very good looking handgun! Enjoy your Glock!

19. leper65

leper65 New Member

I used to be one of them. I've been assimilated...G19 was my first. Love the compacts. I'd love a 10MM compact length slide. Congrats on the G19!

20. kdwolf

kdwolf New Member

Thanks guys! Taking her to the range Saturday I'll let y'all know how it goes