New Glock Problems???

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by MeanChad, Sep 23, 2008.

1. MeanChad

MeanChad New Member

Hello I just got a new glock today its a glock 17 I took it apart forgetting to remove the magazine and putting it back together with the magazine I was wondering if there could be anything wrong with it if I put it back together with the magazine in I noticed it was alot harder to do but was wondering if its bad or what could happen. Also on the back of the gun when fieldstriped on the frame there is a little metal piece I noticed that was bent normal??? and one more question When the gun is not cocked i notice a little rattling noise was wondering if that is normal also thanks guys

2. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I don't own a glock (yet), but have never heard a rattling when handling them at gun stores or shows...
    :confused:

3. MeanChad

MeanChad New Member

It is only when the glock is not cocked and not ready to shoot

4. MeanChad

MeanChad New Member

Ok well i searched up the rattle and found out that is normal when the gun is not cocked it is just the firing pin moving a little it doesnt make it when I pull the slide back and its ready to go. But what about the other 2 questions thanks!!

5. 9RobertJ

9RobertJ New Member

Dont worry about breaking the slide rails unless the rails are loose on the frame, the 90 degree bend is normal as long as you pulled the slide forward to remove it instead of ripping the slide off sideway or backwords. As for the rattling when you shake the gun it is perfectly normal, that is the firing pin safety disengaged allowing the firing pin to move freely. I hope this was helpful to you.

6. glockfire

glockfire New Member

Dot shoot it, it could blow up! Instead, let me have it.

Just kidding of course, sounds like pretty normal stuff to me

7. MeanChad

MeanChad New Member

Alright thanks guys ya i talked to a certified glock tech today he said it doesnt do anything to the gun except just make it easier to take it apart. One more question why does the mag when inside the gun move around a little it seems it moves too much if you move it side to side and stuff.

8. MeanChad

MeanChad New Member

Anyone else thanks!!

9. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Everything you've described is normal for the Glock pistol. Fully loaded magazines won't wiggle around as much in the well as an empty one.

10. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Should'a bought a Springfield! :p

11. MeanChad

MeanChad New Member

I had one and hated it!

12. KellyTTE

KellyTTE New Member

[​IMG]

Same with my XD40

13. genie

genie New Member

+1 ! Agreed!

14. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Not to sound like a *****, but if you field stripped it and there was a magazine in the weapon, that also means you didn't check it before you started stripping it, or pulled the trigger to get the slide off the frame. Glad it worked out for you, but you really need to pay a lot more attention to this kinda thing.

15. MeanChad

MeanChad New Member

No the thing is I took out the magazine looked at it put it back in and forgot you have to take out the magazine

Im not dumb.