New Glock owner with lots of questions....

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by TATE, Sep 27, 2011.

1. TATE

TATE New Member

I just picked up a used G36 Saturday. Sunday I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck, extended slide release, Pearce +0 mag extension, XS Big Dot 24/7 Express sights and a tactical grip glove by Pachmayr. Can I install the sights and the slide release myself or should I let a professional do it? Also, I couldn't find a grip glove labeled for the G36 so I guessed and ordered on the fits 19,23,25,32,38. Will it actually fit my Glock?

2. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Not sure on the grip, but if you know someone with the proper equipment, let them install the sights. With that being said, I installed my sights with hand tools in my garage. I got lucky, they are dead on at 10 yards, and only a hair off out at 25. If you want to research sight installation, check out youtube; a lot of helpful videos there. Also, I learned how to install the slide stop from youtube too. Good luck!

3. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I have the Super tuck and the same sights for my Model 32. I installed the sights with no problem, they even come with all the tools you need.
    The grip glove will probably work but I'm not totally sure. The Slide release should be pretty easy also though I haven't changed mine.

4. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

The slide stop lever is easy, but you need a pusher for the rear sights. The 36 is the single stack, it may be a little narrower than the 19, but I am not sure, I have not compared them side by side.

5. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

The XS Big Dot sights come with a pusher and a combo tool with a wrench for the screw under the front sight and an allen key to lock down the rear. Even a tube of thread locker. Very good instructions too

6. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

Glock doesn't make an extended slide stop for the G36. Glockmeister makes one, it's a modified Glock slide stop, modified to fit the G36. Most people say it works great but a few people have said it didn't work reliably for them:
    Glockmeister Extended Slide Stop Lever G36-www.glockmeister.com

Here are instructions on how to install the slide stop correctly:
    Slide Stop change/install: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQbYqWBLa9w]GLOCK ext slide stop install - YouTube[/ame]
    (^^^DO NOT use a mallet to force the pins, move the slide stop forward and backward, up and down, until the trigger pin slides relatively freely through)

Correct slide stop spring position: Glock Talk - View Single Post - problem after doing the 25 cent trigger job

And here's a great Detail Strip video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0wDDFV0NY]Glock Detail Strip And Reassembly (IN HD) - YouTube[/ame]

7. TATE

TATE New Member

8. 32tudor

32tudor New Member

the G 36 is sort of alone not much of anything is interchangeable Holsters included , nice thing about them is they are very affordable 45 ACP because shooting twice is silly

9. TATE

TATE New Member

Got everything working with the exception of the Pearce +0. I have to buy a set of punches or get a Glock tool. I've fooled with the mag and it is too hard to get the bottom plate off without the proper tools. The XS Big Dots were a breeze to install. Just follow the instructions. The extended slide release was a cake walk as well. The grip that I ordered was "3 fingered" instead of two, so I "eyeballed it" and cut the top "finger" off and it works for now. I'll keep looking for a new grip but this one serves the purpose temporarily. Here are a couple of pics from my Iphone.

Best view I could get.
    [​IMG]
    Extended Slide Release
    [​IMG]
    "Adapted" Grip :)
    [​IMG]

10. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Good job! I really like the sights. I got to try mine out last weekend and it takes a little getting used to but I like 'em.

11. TATE

TATE New Member

Thanks!

The extended slide release is SUPER fast. Almost dangerous for a finger. lol I let a friend with bigger hands operate the gun and he was startled at how easy it was to release the slide. ;)

12. TATE

TATE New Member

BTW, I just took the grip off. It feels better without it IMHO.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  13. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Looks great.

Glock tools are pretty inexpensive ($10.00), but I picked up nail sets at Lowe's when I was waiting for my Glock tool to come in, and they were only $3.99 for a set of 3.

14. TATE

TATE New Member

Ordered a Glock tool from Ebay last night $9.95 shipped. Maybe now I'll be able to get the mag bottom off. :)

15. TATE

TATE New Member

16. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

This is what you need to take apart, and /or to clean glock mags extremely easily. The red thing had little nubbies that push in the locking tabs on the magazine and release them from the base plate. I have one and absolutely love it. They have 2 rings, one for 9 mm /40 cal and one for 10mm / 45 acp.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  17. TATE

TATE New Member

Haven't seen those. Thanks, I'll check into it.