New glock owner. Im dissapointed in myself.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by sleeper, Jan 18, 2014.

1. sleeper

sleeper New Member

After about 500 Rds through my Sig p250 I realized I was probably never going to be as good with the long double action trigger as a DA/SA or striker fired. So I sold it for a fair price and picked up a gen3 G19. I'm happy with the purchase and know it will be reliable for years to come. I just can't help hate myself a little for drinking the kool-aid.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

You've been with us since Nov 2012, and you still don't get the hint that you should buy a 1911? :)

3. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Yes, that. I like my PPQ trigger. I even like my PPK trigger. BUT they are not my 1911 Colt trigger.

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

You mean advertising? It's all Kool Aid. Pat yourself on the back. You'd never know the 250 wasn't the one if you hadn't tried.

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

If you like it and you shoot it well, it is the right gun for you. Let go of the self-loathing and go shoot your Glock some more!

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I broke down a couple of years ago and bought a G-20C for a duty gun. The self loathing subsides with time.

7. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

The words popular and good are not synonyms. That's all I have to say about glocks.

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

I hate Glocks but only because of "Glock-people," which you are clearly not one.

Also Glocks don't feel comfortable in my hand and they don't point naturally. That's enough for me to never buy one.

However if you really do hate yourself so much you can send the gun to me. I'll take one for the team so you don't have to live with so much self-loathing and regret and despair.

9. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

I could beat myself up for getting a Glock 17 years ago.
    Instead, I kept it and let people shoot it and compare how bad it's trigger is compared to the 1911.

See. . . Gotta look for the good.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Just bought a Gen 3 19 myself-----:)

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Thank you------
    Many would have just came out & showed their ignorance---You refrained :)
    Even VERY few Glock haters would not say Glock doesn't make a GOOD gun ;)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  12. sleeper

sleeper New Member

You'll get no argument from me on this one. However I think my first 1911 purchase will be some kind of 1911-22. I can not imagine a more fun gun to own.

Believe me guys I held every gun in multiple stores and I wanted to buy anything but a glock. It just fits me, and I know I can be fast and accurate with it. When I go to the local pistol range I'll just one of the crowd with my Tupperware brick!

13. 25-5

25-5 New Member

See if you can find a Colt "Ace". Or a Colt 1911 .45 and a .22 conversion kit. I have a post war Ace and it's damn accurate and all 1911.

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Just stay far away from Chippia (don't care if its misspelled) :eek:
    All other makers seem to put out a good one----
    Colt & Chippy are the only ones I've owned or shot---

15. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I know that Glock are striker fired, but is it not technically double action as it partially pulled back the striker before releasing it. I know Glocks are popular for different reasons , I didn't think its long heavy trigger was one of them.

16. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

It didn't take me 500 rounds to hate my Sig P250. It was gone before I put 100 rounds through it. I traded it for a Glock 27 and never looked back. A few months later I bought the 27's big brother, a G23. I hate that thing as much as I hated the P250, and it will be my next gun on the trading block.

17. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I looked at a Glock the other day, and it didn't really impress me. The ergonomics just aren't that great, and the gun is ugly as sin. I'll admit that they work though. Not as well as some of the fanboys might have you to believe (all hail the almighty Glock, for it is true perfection. :rolleyes:), but they work well.

If I get one, it would be the Glock 20 10mm. I'd do something about that damn grip though!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  18. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Some people like them. Personally, I prefer a crisp single action trigger set at 3-4 lbs. That wouldn't stop me from buying a double action gun though.

19. new_girsan_1911

new_girsan_1911 New Member

I think i would give the Sig320 a shot first , actually thinking about getting one already eventhough it is striker fired.

20. sleeper

sleeper New Member

I would agree but I assumed that they wouldn't be available for a while and would be close to MSRP until the newness wore off. They are also quite a bit heavier than the G19 and very similar in size.

I like the trigger on the Glock, it was the looooong DA trigger of the P250 that I could not be accurate with on faster follow up shots.