New Glock 34 - 5th Gen

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by shipwreck, Sep 13, 2020.

1. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I ordered this last week, and I picked it up on Friday. 5th Gen G34 with Ameriglo night sights.

I did own an older G34 like 12+ years ago. So, I am familiar with the gun. But, I wanted one again. Time will tell if I send it off to get some customization work done to it. MAYBE next year. For now, it will stay stock...

Came in on Friday... I still have to go shoot it, but it's pretty cool :)

I've owned 7 Glocks over the years (plus 2 more since August) - I had mixed feelings about them. But, when I got a Glock 48 back in March, I started to like the platform again. And, I can admire the simplicity of them.

I picked up a 5th Gen G19 last month that has been my carry gun for about a month now. And, I was going to wait and get the G34 next year - but, I couldn't help myself :)

[​IMG]

2. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

So many guns, so little time.

Looks great. Good purchase.

Two things I wish Glock would address:

Larger, fatter, ambidextrous controls (a la H&K).
    A bit less circumference on their grips (for smaller hands).

Otherwise, they're nice and reliable. Hard not to like that, with defensive sidearms.

Love shooting them, when I occasionally come across a friend who's got one. (Haven't owned any Glocks, myself.)

shipwreck likes this.

3. Diesel3

Diesel3 Member

Hoping to pick up a G22 Gen5 when they come out next month.
    Fingers crossed

shipwreck likes this.
  4. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I have small hands. I really like the grip on the 5th Gen Glocks. I have no issues with them, and I usually have problems with the grip on many guns...

5. SK2344

SK2344 Active Member

Great 9mm! If I were to shoot in a competition, I would choose this but I no longer compete. I sold or traded away all my double stack Glocks and I now only own a G43, which is my EDC and my recently purchased G48. Yes I have always been a Glock Guy! Good Luck with your purchase!

shipwreck and Rifling82 like this.
  6. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Thanks...

I got to shoot it Friday - new fav gun. It groups well, and that longer sight radius is amazing...

Now, I plan now to buy another Glock 34 and send it to Taran Tactical. I had initially planned to send off this one when I bought it... But now... I like the one I have, and paid extra for the Ameriglo night sights. I don't want to send that one off. I want it stock.

My problem now is that I can't find another new Gen 5 G34 anywhere right now. I was lucky to get the one I just got. And, I used up my limit of 2 blue label Glocks for 2020 anyway - I got the G19 and G34 within a month of each other.

Rifling82 likes this.
  7. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Well, I bought that 1st Gen 5 Glock 34 with Ameriglo night sights earlier this month. I had originally planned to send it off to Taran Tactical for their combat master package. But, after I got it - I saw that I liked it as is. And, I don't really wanna change out the sights to fiber optics after it has night sights on it... Plus, I think I may occasionally carry it. And, a 3lb trigger (what they will do to it) is too light for carry.

But, I still wanted to do their combat master package...

So, I am keeping that 1st one "as is," and I tracked down a SECOND G34. Well, it arrived this week, and I was finally able to pick it up yesterday. I put 50 rounds thru it to make sure all is well - now to ship it off to Taran Tactical upload_2020-10-1_8-10-47.gif (I wanted to make sure there were no issues before it gets customized)

I sold an APX and a P99 to cover the cost of the 2nd G34.

[​IMG]

8. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Well, I shipped the gun off to Taran Tactical today :)