New Girl in the House

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by ACRhino, Jul 1, 2011.

1. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

Brought home a new girl today, Auto Ordinance 1911A1 only one year old. Bought her on consignment for $400. She has a few dings and needs a good polish and a cleaning (I'll have to figure out the best way to do that) but overall no messed with screws, very little wear, stock sights and all original. I put 100 rounds down range and not a rattle or a jam to be seen. At 15 yards she put 7 in the eyeball so to speak.

I'm going to take my time with her, learn all her curves and how to make her purr, but she looks to be a great addition to the family and she kicks like a god blessed mule.

The best news ... when I brought this new beauty home, I found that my old useless ex gf who was crashing on my couch had moved out!! Swap one yucky icky girl for one sexy lovely new girl :) ... Best ... Day ... Ever!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Great swap!! Congrats!

3. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Excellent choice and purchase :D. Now I'm gonna have to get a Springfield 1911a1 once I've got the money :eek:.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I would to just echo what he said. :)

5. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

I just field stripped her to have a look and I dont think the slide stop has ever been removed. I think someone bought this gun last year, couldn't handle the kick, and put her up for consignment ... barrel has almost no wear at all. She just needs a cleaning and a few thousand rounds down the tube.

6. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I love the original style 1911's, just something about them. Looks like you got a catch, and she's a looker.

7. freefall

freefall New Member

Those 1911A1s do just have that look. My daughter (The Lovely Miss Freefall) told me that when I die that's the one she cares about. The Kimber, the Dan Wesson, meh. That old gov't model is the one.

8. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

You raised a good girl sir.

9. freefall

freefall New Member

Yah, she's pretty satisfactory.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congrats. Is it just me or is the rear sight in the white?

11. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

I was going through the box it came in and I noticed a tiny little piece of bleack metal ... it was the original rear sight ... so it looks like this one has been replaced for a larger dove tail.

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

As always, shoot the snot out of 'er.

Smiling while shooting improves accuracy! :p

13. nhsuper44

nhsuper44 New Member

nice gun !! But, is it MA compliant?

14. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

Yes, it has the little peep hole on the breech to see if a round is in the chamber. Plus it isn't on the list Guns that you cannot buy in Massachusetts

15. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

MA guns laws look screwier than CA's.

16. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

You have no idea... lol

17. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

It took me just over 4 months to get my permits all in order ... stupid amounts of red tape.

18. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

WOW, 4 months :eek:?? The longest wait I had was 2 wks for my CCW permit to come in. I really feel for you guys. Me, I go to the gun shop, see what I like, pay for it and out the door I go.

Reminds me of when I lived in NC, they were telling me that you could only own 5 handguns? (Please correct me if I am wrong) My roommate at the time (early 90's) said he could only get 5 permits to purchase handguns. WOW, blew my mind. Glad I live here in Az.:D

19. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Boy am I even more glad I live in Texas. Hey Scubie, there ain't no way we're ever moving to NC.