Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Input? Put it out!

You'll be glad down the road if you kick in a few more bucks and get a quality lower made of 7075-T6 alloy.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
Many have reported problems with polymer lowers. Some have no problems whatsoever. I would hold out for a forged lower.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The local Walmart is carrying the Windham AR-15. I believe it has a forged lower. So you guys think this is the better way to go?

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
The local Walmart is carrying the Windham AR-15. I believe it has a forged lower. So you guys think this is the better way to go?
100X over, better than the poly setup

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they have the bushmasters as well. Which do you think is the better way to go? I'm more of a bolt action and C&R guy. I have been wanting an AR for a while but haven't had the chance to get one yet and I'd like to get the opinions of people that know more about them than I do.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Windham is made at the old bushmaster plant so they're about the same. I would do with windham, bushmaster has declined over the past years

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Does your Walmart also have Colt? That would be an excellent choice.

If Colt's above your price range how do you feel about buying online? PSA is much better than Windham or Bushamster. But right now good rifles and components often are out of stock.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
No fan of polymers(plastic) here

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Looked at that one just yesterday-
About $850
Seemed a bit high but i haven't priced complete AR's in several years.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Looked at that one just yesterday-
About $850
Seemed a bit high but i haven't priced complete AR's in several years.
Supply and demand has created upward pricing the windhams around here are bringing $799-$860

1 - 12 of 12 Posts