Firearms Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an active member of a few other forums. I have the same screen name on all of them. If you stop in say hi.
A little about me. I really like the S&W company as a whole. I find the customer service to be great and is only second to Hi-Point. The reason why I say that is everytime I contact Hi-Point I always get the same guy and they want to do everything possible to make sure their costumers are happy with their product. They have a lifetime warranty on all their guns even if you are the 5th owner. The warranty goes with the gun, so if you get a used Hi-Point you are basically getting a new one. That being said S&W is great with first owners and if something goes wrong with the firearm they will do anything in their power to make it right which is more than I can say for most other companies that will give you the run around and when you finally get your gun to them its an 8 week turn around or more.
Sometimes I don't spell great, so be prepared.
I am not a fan of Glocks or Glock owners. Most Glock owner I have come across are arragant and think Glock is the only game in town. If you don't own a Glock you are the scum of the earth. No matter what you say about the Glock line and how faulty the guns are, you are wrong. I have found, there is a very large percent of Glock pistols that are piles of you know what. They cannot handle every type of ammo out there esspecially +p and cast bullets, they go BOOM. Glock owners will tell you that you don't know what you are talking about until their gun blows up in their hand and they loose a couple of fingers and they still insist it was not the gun.
I wanted to purchase a glock a few years ago when I first started getting into hand guns. I came across a discussion where Glock owners were comparing their guns to a Hi-Point C9. So I started to research the Hi-point. I had never heard of this gun before. They wre saying it was a piece of dung and how unreliable it was. I looked into it and the gun was $129. So I bought it. I figured if people were comparing a $600 gun to a $129 gun there must be something to it. After the purchase I went out to the range and really liked this gun. It was simple to use and hardly ever needed to be cleaned. I clean my guns after I fire them if they need it or not, thats just the way I am. This thing still has yet to dissapoint me. Then I heard them putting don the Sigma so guess what i did. I have 20,250 rounds through my SW40ve with out a single jam, FTF, stove pipe etc. I am very happy with the Sigma and after I did a small trigger job on it the gun has a 4lb trigger that is smooth as glass. I can shoot a fly in the eye at 25 yards with it everytime.
I also wn a couple Glocks, a GP100, a 12ga, a Vector 16ga SS, a 30-06 a .243 and a few others. I am going the purchase a M&P .45, 5" for my next handgun because I like the style and the crisp trigger. I have done alot of research on this gun and I have found 99% of the people that have used this gun, love this gun. I found 1 guy on GlockTalk the siad it was a pile but that goes back to my second paragraph.

I know this intro is kinda long but later on there will be less confusion onto my opinion. I look forward to getting into this forum and seeing what you guys are about.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy. Btw I own several Glocks and have never had a minutes problem with any of them. I also own quite a few other handguns that I like just as well if not better. I carry a Glock but shoot mostly other guns for fun. I like them all.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey Vector, thanx for the invite to this forum. Great place. And welcome here too.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts