Firearms Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hey. I'm a new owner of of Sig P239 which I really like. I'm new to this sport and am surprised by how much I enjoy it. I wish I could find more time to get to the range, but free time is in short supply.

I tend to lurk more than post, but I know that I'll learn a lot from all the knowledgeable folks on this board. Looking forward to browsing the forums.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum - if even only in the lurking format. At least you will be informed and that is better than a good percentage of your local KitiZens there in The People's Republic of Kalifornia...

JD

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Good to have you aboard neighbor. I’m in the LA area and have been on the site for a couple of months. Feel free to speak up, there is a lot to learn if you’re willing to ask the questions.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcome and glad to have you around :D

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
WELCOME lurkusmaximus, glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Welcome Lurk!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome...

from the state of Pennsylvania !!

Been to Cali many times...San Diego ( LaJolla )...Santa Monica...San Francisco...and LA, of course.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the good cheer

What a great welcome. I don't care what the other sites on the net say. You folks are OK. :)

Really, with all the unsettling events in the world today, its good to know there are communities out there that care about our rights and freedoms and don't take them for granted. It's easy to lose sight of that out here in Kalifornia. I was raised in Texas and it took a fair amount of time when I moved out here to cut through the persona that many out here project and get to the person underneath. I wasn't used to that in Texas. At least there you could talk to somebody and know in a matter of minutes if they were honorable or not. Out here, it tends to take a little longer and a little more effort. There are lots of good people out here, its just takes a little more effort to find them.

Looking forward to talkin the talk with you fine people.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
What a great welcome. I don't care what the other sites on the net say. You folks are OK. :)

Really, with all the unsettling events in the world today, its good to know there are communities out there that care about our rights and freedoms and don't take them for granted. It's easy to lose sight of that out here in Kalifornia. I was raised in Texas and it took a fair amount of time when I moved out here to cut through the persona that many out here project and get to the person underneath. I wasn't used to that in Texas. At least there you could talk to somebody and know in a matter of minutes if they were honorable or not. Out here, it tends to take a little longer and a little more effort. There are lots of good people out here, its just takes a little more effort to find them.

Looking forward to talkin the talk with you fine people.
So the secret is out! We beat up on folks from Kali and now you're faking a Texas upbringing to get us to cut you some slack???

Forget it; you will get the same grief that everyone does!

Seriously, the only thing you need is a tough skin and a sense of humor that allows you to laugh at everything including yourself!

I'm sure you will enjoy your visit and hope you become a part of this collection of irreverent firearm professionals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts