Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am kitkat89's other half. I enjoy shooting most all types of guns. I really enjoy old military rifles, be it a mosin nagant or m1 garand. I would love to have a colt .45 1911 series 70 in stainless someday. The only problem is my wife wants one too. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy 2.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
If you buy her one first, there won't be any argments about your personal purchase!!

You can always "borrow" hers!

And Welcome!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am concerned with the attack on Our Bill of Rights by the current administration. I believe they will keep infringing on our 2nd amendment rights until they take all firearms from us, or they are removed from office by us. If so called "gun control" succeeds the rest of the bill of rights will be next. Many of our elected officials have admitted that they want all firearms taken from the American civilian population. Even though it would not reduce crimes committed with firearms at all. They want more control and power. The only thing stopping them is an America full of patriotic Americans standing up and not tolerating tyranny or corruption. They know that firearms in the hands of civilians are standing in their way to the control and power they want. The only way to victory is joining together with true Americans. United we stand, divided we fall.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy. I like the older surplus military firearms as well. I just lost out on an auction on a pretty nice type 99 Arisaka. Someone else just wanted it worse than I did. Btw if you don't have a C&R license you should think about it.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas!!

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Welcome form Ky...Have a blast and jump on in :)

BTW..I am a huge fan of the old stuff too...And so is my wife, she likes me after all ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome. We have all kinds of folks here so surely you will like some of them. I too, am a milsurp buff. It is my passion. The problem is trying and get ammo for a large assortment. It can get expensive. My favorite is the
M1 Garand along with the 1903 Springfield.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fupuk said:
Hello from Michigan aswell. What part if you dont mind me asking?
We live near Marlette. About an hour north of Detroit.

I'm thinking of getting a C&R license. One or 2 guns and it will have paid for itself.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We live near Marlette. About an hour north of Detroit.

I'm thinking of getting a C&R license. One or 2 guns and it will have paid for itself.
Hello Mr. & Mrs. HKTactical....I am a new transplant from Grand Haven, Mi. to Texas. Lived in Michigan all my life. Miss it, but moved to Texas 4 mo. ago, and love it! Welcome, from another newbee!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I miss G.R.

Hello from Michigan aswell. What part if you dont mind me asking?
Hello fupuk, I lived in G.R. for 20 years. When I left they were in the midst of the GR ford freeway/131 ramps, etc. revamp. I worked as a Medic in G.R. for 20 years with a local Amb. co. and hated the road work. I lived in Mich. for 49 years, and it seemed that road work was a full time....all year quest. Sorry for the lengthy post. Just wanted to say hey, and the orange cones took over......

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome from Philly. Go get that stainless 1911. There is no better trigger in my opinion. You will appreciate the stainless when you are cleaning it.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hello fupuk, I lived in G.R. for 20 years. When I left they were in the midst of the GR ford freeway/131 ramps, etc. revamp. I worked as a Medic in G.R. for 20 years with a local Amb. co. and hated the road work. I lived in Mich. for 49 years, and it seemed that road work was a full time....all year quest. Sorry for the lengthy post. Just wanted to say hey, and the orange cones took over......
Im just outside of GR in Wyoming, its alright living here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts