Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier. Guess I was too excited when I found this forum. So far I love being able to talk guns and ammo with different opinions.
Been shooting for 20+ years but always lots to learn... I'm lately interested in cc and looking forward to my certification.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from Oregon.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Love the avatar! Are you adopting @ this point? Enjoy!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I look forward to sharing our knowledge and skills of firearms and everything that goes along with it

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

·
Supporting Member
2,130 Posts
Welcome. If you are in the Detwat area, I suggest you should CC a 1911 45acp.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dearhunter said:
Ha!! Funny! No no no.... Country boy born and raised.
I live back in the woods ya see, the woman and the kids and dogs and me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fupuk said:
Welcome from GrandRapids. Great choice on picking Firearms Talk, what weapon are you looking at using for consealed carry?

image-1326024465.jpg

38 special +p. I'm new to the gun but already getting a lot of practice in the back yard. Just experimenting with diff Ammo right now

Attachments

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
38 special +p. I'm new to the gun but already getting a lot of practice in the back yard. Just experimenting with diff Ammo right now
Yep I remember your picture from another post. Thats a great little revolver, my wife has a Jframe my mother in law has an Lcr. My father in law has an sp101 and I have a Gp100. I like the weight of the sp101 for carry but I like my wifes jframe because I can put it in my pocket. But the Lcr is a nice revolver. Now you need some speed strips.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fupuk said:
Yep I remember your picture from another post. Thats a great little revolver, my wife has a Jframe my mother in law has an Lcr. My father in law has an sp101 and I have a Gp100. I like the weight of the sp101 for carry but I like my wifes jframe because I can put it in my pocket. But the Lcr is a nice revolver. Now you need some speed strips.
And finally finding some ammo to put in the speed strips....

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I'm thinking for CC in Detroit an M134 Minigun might be more appropriate! :D

BTW Welcome Aboard Gunlinn!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
And finally finding some ammo to put in the speed strips....
I started reloading not to long ago but before that I would buy bulk online and I still have a few rounds laying around in my closet in my ammo cans. But your still gonna have to find ammo. I can get .38 lrn all day around me. Revolver ammo hasnt been to bad to find. Its semi auto ammo you gott keep an eye out for.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'm lately interested in cc and looking forward to my certification.
The peace of mind... Welcome to the forums. I am new as well and I love it so far. 74 posts so far in one day! Love the community here!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
molonlabexx said:
The peace of mind... Welcome to the forums. I am new as well and I love it so far. 74 posts so far in one day! Love the community here!
That's what I'm looking for.. Not just people but I spend a lot of time in the woods and had several encounters with stray dogs as well. You never know...I've been bit before. I'm a new father as well and could use some peace of mind.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
fupuk said:
I started reloading not to long ago but before that I would buy bulk online and I still have a few rounds laying around in my closet in my ammo cans. But your still gonna have to find ammo. I can get .38 lrn all day around me. Revolver ammo hasnt been to bad to find. Its semi auto ammo you gott keep an eye out for.
Your right. 38 seems to be more available than others.. I've pondered the thought of reloading but intimidated by the initial cost and time it takes. I've started saving my spent brass just in case

1 - 20 of 23 Posts