New friend

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JPenn856, Aug 11, 2012.

1. JPenn856

JPenn856 New Member

Finally jersey comes through and got my pistol permits in a by less then a month!

Finally got my little buddy home with me.

image-3709696373.jpg

Now I have a second permit that I should use...

Anyone have any ideas what I should get?

I was thinking a used 1911, maybe a smith M&P. Thought about maybe joining the glock craze and buying one just to see what the hype was about. Let me know your guys thoughts.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

3. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Wait .... what? Second permit? Don't tell me you have to get a permit for each weapon you carry?:confused::eek:

4. JPenn856

JPenn856 New Member

In the communist state of new jersey one must apply for a permit to purchase a pistol every time. There is a thirty day wait time between pistol purchases with only. Three permits being allowed at one time. Permits cost $2 a permit with an $18 application fee. And the common citizen is not permitted to carry in any place other then their personal property. Jersey is a may issue state but unless you know a judge, are a retired officer, or have a valid reason as to why one's life is in danger the state supreme court may grant a carry permit. The kicker is, if the courts decide your life is in danger and a firearm is valid to protect your mortality,they also decide on how long you will be in danger and grant you a permit for that amount of time... In new jersey threats eventually go away.

5. JPenn856

JPenn856 New Member

And yes it's my new lcp 380.

6. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Wow a state that is actually worse than Illinois. You have my condolences sir.

7. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Maybe get a good revolver? Do you have to get a purchase permit for long guns too?

8. JPenn856

JPenn856 New Member

No, we have a purchaser's ID card that allows one to purchase as many long guns as one wants when wanted. Jersey doesn't like hand guns though. To easily concealable. Obviously the legal gun owners are the problem. Not the thousands of illegal gun trafficked into Camden. Or the city violence that plagues the state.

9. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Makes me more and more happy that I sold my house in New Jersey.

10. Colby

Colby New Member

I was thinking Illinois had no permits - you were totally locked out from gun carry??

11. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Yea we are, but NJ is a May Issue state, read that as, unless you are connected you won't get a CC permit. Plus we don't need a permit to buy a handgun, can buy as many as we want at any time with no limits on how often we can buy. Given the choice I'll take what Illinois offers over NJ. IMO a May Issue state is just as bad as a No Issue state.

12. JPenn856

JPenn856 New Member

I'll agree with that... It's not nice the hold a may issue law over head but never let it be touched.

13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

This is how the antis want the whole country to be like... to start with.

Back to original question: a 1911 or m&p sounds like the best route imo. I just don't like glocks, but they are good guns.

14. MarkAD

MarkAD New Member

if you got to have a premit buy a nice 45. The kimber Custom Carry II is a good pistol for the price point.

15. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Wow. Permits needed for each gun. Brings a tear to my eye and makes me feel like I've been hit in the stomach.