New for me Sig SP2022 40 cal

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by 12fretter, Feb 11, 2014.

1. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I carry a Glock 23 right now, and I'm not really liking the striker fire. So I decided I was going to try something new and came across someone selling this Sig for $425, so I took a chance on it. Just got it tonight.

Looking for opinions on this. I'm obviously going out tomorrow if weather permits, and try them side by side, but I just wanted to know if there was anything particular to look for.

Also, I like the Fobus style paddle holster for the Glock. But does anyone have any recommendations if I keep this, for every day carry?

Thanks.

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Congrats on the purchase. We need pics!

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

3. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

What was I thinking without pictures??

[​IMG]

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

That's more like it. Nice gun.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

5. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Friggin frackin weather! We're supposed to get 5 inches tomorrow. Knoxville. TN. Everything closed. Including the friggin frackin range. Crap.

6. hq357

hq357 New Member

Glock 23 will accept 9mm mags and can shoot 9mm with switching the barrel I think the sig is able to convert to diffrent calibers as well. But they don't have a 30 round or 22 round factory mag like glock does ;)

Sent from my LG-C729 using Firearms Talk mobile app

7. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I took it shooting twice. The first was just a single mag, as I was actually there for someone else. I grouped a full mag at about 5 inches, which is astounding for me. I went again today and put 100 rounds through. It feels good, I can shoot it as good or better than the Glock when I'm taking my time, but I can shoot it way better when I'm emptying a mag. I hit the sillouette on every shot, again, astounding for me.

The Glock sold within hours. I also ordered both a Fobus paddle and a THIS ONE.

Love the Sig. I tasted the Glock Koolaid but I don't like the trigger at all. The Sig trigger fits me much better, and I know I'll get better with it.

And as far as swapping out barrels and mags, that's not a draw for me.

8. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Here's me taking my time: (I think I like this gun!)

[​IMG]

9. Sgtdeath

Sgtdeath New Member

I loved my g30, I was actually going to the gun store to buy it again but I seen the 2022 and fell in love! I'll have it out of layaway Friday after work. I am pretty excited I must say lol

10. seibert1903

seibert1903 New Member

Excellent purchase! I have the same firearm but in 9mm and it's my primary carry gun. The trigger is a little snappier than some of the other sig's but it didn't take long to get used to. It's now my favorite handgun that I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

11. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Yeah, I went back to the Glock 23. The Sig double action trigger was impossible to control for me. The gun was heavier and harder to conceal than the Glock, and much more uncomfortable against bare skin. I sold it for what I bought it for, lost a little on the accessories I bought for it, and got another new G23 (fired once by Sheriff's office) for $450.