New Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by SGT-MILLER, Aug 18, 2009.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Alright you lazy a**es!!!! Get off your overused sh*t storage units, and get to breaking a sweat!!!!!

:D

I've been keeping up with my fitness pretty good, but starting tomorrow morning, I'm going to take it to a new level. I'm getting somewhat short (won't go into further detail so don't ask) with going back for another tour in the sandbox (also known as the middle east). I want to make sure I'm at the highest fitness level possible, so I can kick a** if I need to. I'm going to start a hardcore fitness regimen ,and firearms training regimen, that will make even a Marine Recon veteran proud to hold my gym towels and spray my workout shoes.

I encourage anyone to join me and post their results, and improvements, in this thread also. Fitness makes us all better shooters, better people, and chicks dig it.

C'mon ladies, what are you waiting for?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

HOOAHHHH...I'm in!! PT so fine, does a body good and refreshes the mind! :D

Jack

3. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

well, football starts this week! i've been pumpin iron all year and ill start working on my endurance and running. can you say morning PT?

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Ooo Rah!! I'm in Miller!!

5. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Morning Report: Day 1

Went to the gym and started off with 20 minutes of circuit training, which consisted of push-ups, body builders, wide push-ups, leg lifts, situps, side-situps, planks, and stretches.

Then, I performed 35 minutes of pyramids. This is a combined push-up/situp exercise. You start off by doing 1 push-up, then do 1 situp, then 2 push-ups/2 situps, 3 push-ups/3 situps, and so on until you hit 10. Then you go back dwon from 10 to 1. The key is not to rest much at all. Keep the pace up and you'll feel like puking in no time.

After that, I did a 1.5 mile run (with 20 pound backpack), and finished off the run with .5 miles worth of sprints.

I'll report in again once by lunchtime workout is complete.

6. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Thanks Sarge. I can use some incentive also.
    Been hitting the gym for a week now and cutting out some calories. Need to get back the two belt holes I filled out.:eek:
    This morning at the gym was 30 minutes on the stairmaster,
    A complete lower body circuit training workout.
    !50 sit ups.

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Draged my nearly 60 year old a$$ out of bed, did 25 abreviated sit-ups and leg raises, grabbed the 40# kettel bell and did 1 set of ten upright rows, 20 deep squats, 2 sets of 15 bicep curls and had a cup of coffee!

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Went for a 5 mile run @ 7 am, about 40 minutes. Met my brother-in-law at the gym, sparred for about an hour, worked on punches, blocks, kicks, pressure point releases. Hit the heavy bag for 20 minutes. Did some barbell squats, leg presses, extensions, calve raises, elevated leg lifts and a 100 push-ups, 100 setups. Shower and home. Hooahh! PT does a body good. :)

Jack

9. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

workout today

did some arms today. 5 sets of 5 on bench at 185. then 5 sets of 5 for dumbell press with 70s. then 3 sets of 5 with inclined bench at 135. later today i have the first day of football practice of the season!

10. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Is this High School or College ball son? It sounds like HS, right?

Jack

11. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

its high school. i am in my junior year. we've been liftin weights and running all summer. but due to our rules in our state, we cannot have the coaches and us on a field with a football. so we use a rugby ball and have weight lifting sessions.

12. user4

user4 New Member

Today I lifted a spoon from my raisin bran about forty reps of one. Took a five hour cooling session and then power lifted two hotdogs (all beef) and one can of pepsi(diet) in successive steps. I have been continuing my light sprint of fingers across my keyboard. I think it's getting tired.

13. Kage0113

Kage0113 New Member

LMAO, that's so awesome! Today I did 36 reps of bench at 145, 24 reps of decline press at 145, 36 calf raises with 200lbs, 36 curls at 75lbs, 36 skull crushers at 50 lbs, and some other stuff I don't remember. I do 3 sets of 12. I didn't do cardio, laziness. Oh well. Gonna start p90x soon.

14. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

practice

Practice was AMAZING. I did a half hour set of conditioning drills in the 95 degree heat, always good for working up a sweat. Then we moved to the individual stations. At the end we did ten 40 yard sprints, eight 20 yard sprints, and two 330 meter laps. Sprint the long part of the field jog the short half (run 100, jog/fast walk 50). I feel awesome. A good tired. I'm workin out and doin the same thing just about everyday until... thanksgiving. Then football ends, and winter regimine and hunting begins.

On a side note, I feel playing football is a good way to prepare for the military. It has all the marks of a good foundation. Hard work. Always pushing yourself. Discipline. Leadership skills. Learning to work as a team. Aggressiveness. Desire. Determination. Intelligence. Reaction skills; performing under presssure. It's not at the level of intensity (at least I don't think so) of the military, but a good base and a place to start.

15. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

You are Indeed correct in your thinking Easterner. Keep up the positive attitude and motivation. What position you trying for on the team?

Jack

16. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Helped teach the kids judo class today (that's a workout in itself,lol). Afterwards I spent the next two hours working on Ne Waza (ground techniques) including pins/escapes, chokes/escapes, armlocks/escapes with randori (free practice). The guy I was paired with had 30lbs on me so working the escapes was rough with him laying on me. (save the gay remarks) :D

Martial arts a few times a week along with weightlifting and biking is what I do to stay in shape anymore.

Good job Sarge and everyone!

17. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

Well, this year I will be trying out for offensive end and guard. On defense, I will be going for a linebacker position. I've been trained in outside and inside alignments but I want middle linebacker the most. We are going to run a 4-3 this year.

18. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Awesome, keep motivated and sharp. Linebacker is my favorite defensive position, I am bias though, I played that position, inside and outside also, all four years in High School and earned a football scholarship to play it in college. I guess I was destined to be a "headhunter." Anyway, not to derail this thread on my fond past sports memories, keep it up son, I want to hear how your progress goes. Now I got to go do PT! :)

Jack

19. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Got my ass off the couch last night for a 2 mile walk with the dogs.

Hit the gym this morning.
    25 minutes on the Stairmaster
    Upper body weight training.