Firearms Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the FFL, just had meeting from ATF and was wondering what the average time it takes to get the license. The agent told me that I will be getting it and she even showed me the number that is assigned to me. Looking forward to getting so I can start selling. Got a list a mile long of firearms that people have asked to get for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
I'm on day 7 waiting for mine to come in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,483 Posts
Fathead00 said:
Do you have to be a business to get a FFL? What is the benefit of the license?
Yes. You can buy and sell all the guns you want for a profit. Etc.
A c&r is a collectors ffl. You can't really make a profit but it opens up buying options. Both will get you wholesale prices from companies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,921 Posts
mountainman13 said:
Yes. You can buy and sell all the guns you want for a profit. Etc.
A c&r is a collectors ffl. You can't really make a profit but it opens up buying options. Both will get you wholesale prices from companies.
The benefit of the C&R is cheaper prices when buying guns, but no selling guns? Which one is easier to get?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,483 Posts
C&r (curio & relics) is much easier to get. It's mainly for collecting old guns. You can basically buy anything over 50 years old with it. It allows you to buy out of state also. Last time I checked I think it cost $35.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,921 Posts
mountainman13 said:
C&r (curio & relics) is much easier to get. It's mainly for collecting old guns. You can basically buy anything over 50 years old with it. It allows you to buy out of state also. Last time I checked I think it cost $35.
Thanks for answering my questions, but I probably be more interested in the standard FFL. I just looked at this one website that showed 11 different licenses. Which one is just standard to buy guns and possible sell? Thanks again for all the answers!!:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,483 Posts
For a standard ffl you basically have to prove you are running a business. If you aren't out to make a profit don't get anything other than a c&r.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,921 Posts
mountainman13 said:
For a standard ffl you basically have to prove you are running a business. If you aren't out to make a profit don't get anything other than a c&r.
Ok thanks!! Sorry for all the questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
Wow it only took 10 days for me. I would call and find out what's the hold up.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top