New FFL

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by DC-FIREARMS, May 21, 2012.

1. DC-FIREARMS

DC-FIREARMS New Member

I am new to the FFL, just had meeting from ATF and was wondering what the average time it takes to get the license. The agent told me that I will be getting it and she even showed me the number that is assigned to me. Looking forward to getting so I can start selling. Got a list a mile long of firearms that people have asked to get for them.

2. phoenixbob

phoenixbob New Member

I just got mine last Friday and it took 10 days.

3. roughneck266

roughneck266 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Man I hope ours comes that fast. She told me we should have it in a month on the outside.

4. Run2trouble

Run2trouble New Member

And the fun begins....

5. HotGuns

HotGuns Member

Took me about 3 weeks.

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I'm on day 7 waiting for mine to come in.

7. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Do you have to be a business to get a FFL? What is the benefit of the license?

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yes. You can buy and sell all the guns you want for a profit. Etc.
    A c&r is a collectors ffl. You can't really make a profit but it opens up buying options. Both will get you wholesale prices from companies.

9. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

The benefit of the C&R is cheaper prices when buying guns, but no selling guns? Which one is easier to get?

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

C&r (curio & relics) is much easier to get. It's mainly for collecting old guns. You can basically buy anything over 50 years old with it. It allows you to buy out of state also. Last time I checked I think it cost $35.

11. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Thanks for answering my questions, but I probably be more interested in the standard FFL. I just looked at this one website that showed 11 different licenses. Which one is just standard to buy guns and possible sell? Thanks again for all the answers!!:)

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

For a standard ffl you basically have to prove you are running a business. If you aren't out to make a profit don't get anything other than a c&r.

13. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Ok thanks!! Sorry for all the questions.

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No problem. Here to help. Do a little research on a c&r it may work for what you want.

15. DC-FIREARMS

DC-FIREARMS New Member

OK, so its been 4 weeks now, should i start to get a little nervous that FFL has not showed up yet? How does it normally come? regular postal, sign postal, or ups? Don't even know what i should be looking for.

16. Run2trouble

Run2trouble New Member

It will be close to the first of the month.

17. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Wow it only took 10 days for me. I would call and find out what's the hold up.