New FFL here. What guns should I offer customers for CCW?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by redsbuyer, Dec 4, 2010.

1. redsbuyer

redsbuyer New Member

Hello.
    I'm a new FFL and was wanting some opinions on what brands and models to offer my customers for a CCW option.

Thanks

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Colt, S&W, Springfield, Kahr, Glock, Taurus, Beretta, Browning, CZ, Ruger, EAA, KelTek, Para, Sig, Walther, and Kimber.

Next!

3. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

I like Kel-Tec & I find it the cheapest gun that I can trust. The P3AT (380) is the thinnest gun around. If like smaller Seecamp makes the tinyest .32 & .380 around. Not too many guys stock Seecamp, probably cause they want money at the time of ordering, then months later you have to pay the remainder. As far as stocking stuff goes, I wouldn't get crazy & buy a bunch of stuff, that is how I started & now that I'm on A&D Book #9 there are still a handful of guns still left from book #1 that I wish I hadn't bought. Unfortrunately the guns You will sell are gonna vary from the guns I sell in my area. I also try to remember that today's "Hot New Gun" is tomorrow's dusty relic. For instance S&W Bodyguard .380's sold out first day of past gunshows, but now that I can get a few of them nobody wants one anymore.

I have learned that I am the worst guesser of anything a customer wants, now I try to pick the opposite thing that I first think up.

Wish I could be of more help, heh heh

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Vintage Browning Hi-Power 9mm only!
    Any Colt's 1911 in 45ACP or 38Sup
    Kimber just because of the advertising
    RIA anything
    Ruger Else Ahrrr and Elsie Pea
    Any vintage S&W N frame =<4"
    Any short barrel Colt Python
    Lady Smith

5. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If you're purely looking for volume sellers, these are the most popular in my neck of the woods:

Kahr (various models)
    Kel-Tec (various)
    Ruger LCP & LCR
    Glock & XD subs and comps in 9mm/40sw
    Sig P230 series (all that begin with "P23-")

And if you're looking at higher end, lower volume:

1911's, especially Commander frames
    Rorhbaugh R9

6. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I am a gun shop employee. My store is having a hard time keeping it's doors open because we don't have what people want right now, and the bosses won't listen.

AFFORDABLE concealed carry guns are whats selling (at least in my area).

While brands like Sig and Para are great quality guns, they sit on the shelf for quite some time.
    Yes, get a couple Sigs, but you mostly want less expensive stuff that'll move quick like,

Ruger
    Kel Tec
    Springfield
    Bersa
    Kahr
    Rock Island Armory
    Taurus
    Smith & Wesson
    North American Arms, etc.

A few of each of those brands on the shelf and your business should do just fine:)

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Brands and calibers that prevelant in your area. We still have .380 in short supply. You don't want to sell what your customer cannot shoot.

8. Thelt

Thelt New Member

.380 pocket pistols are hot in my area. My local shop never seems to hang on to one very long.

9. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

380 pocket pistols are also hot in Central Florida. However, there is not much ammunition around, so I don't know how long that will last. I like to shoot what I own.

10. Thelt

Thelt New Member

it was scarce here too for a while but now it seems to be pretty available.....

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Ummm, just a thought...who goes into business not knowing what to sell to any of their target customers? In Ohio, you can't have an FFL and sell from the house, so having a commcercial building or store front is needed.

I've always wanted to carry large caliber revolvers with really long barrels, so you gotta have some of those...:rolleyes:

I hope you haven't bet the farm...

12. devildog24

devildog24 New Member

Glocks; S & W 442's

13. glockman55

glockman55 Member

Sig, Para. Glock, I would try and suggest the better made vs cheaper..JMO
    Do you want to sell a lot of junk or sell a few good self defence weapons?

14. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

Actually at a good gun show 1/2 of my sales will be: Hi Point, Cobra, Jimenez & Phoenix Arms. Your customers will tell you what they want. When I hear the same gun repeated a third time I will stock it.

15. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Resource:)

Sir, I don't know diddly squat dang about how to ''resource'' your show-room
    I think:)
    a big sign in sheet; asking any and all to ''write in'' what they would like to see, or have.
    you could create a "spread sheet'', with the different manufactors; thereby, having a solid thought process, created by your ''customer''