New FFL Dealer

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by nrainstructor, Jul 18, 2013.

1. nrainstructor

nrainstructor New Member

I need some help from the pros here. I recently received my FFL for WV...Great! The problem now is distributors. I am working from my garage and would like to transition into a full time shop in a separate building in time. I am having problems, because they (distributors) want the store front picture, inventory, yellow page ad,...etc. Things I do not have at this time. I would like any help on finding distributors that are willing to help a new dealer get started and work with me.... Thanks

2. roughneck266

roughneck266 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

RSR Group, Zanders, Davidsons, MGE, and there are others that do not care about you being home based. The first three there are my go to's for most of what I do. RSR and Zanders are pretty much always going to be cheaper than Davidsons. Shipping is good with Zanders if you order more than 750. RSR has a shipping srop off too but I dont remember what the point is. Good luck with your new business!

3. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine works out of his house too and his wholesaler is Lipseys

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Bud's, centerfiresystems, SOG

5. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Good Luck and Welcome.

Jim

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Moved your thread over to the FFL section- you were in "suggestions for the website".

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

Good luck with your business. Be sure to drop by the introduction thread and tell us a bit about yourself.

8. nrainstructor

nrainstructor New Member

Thank you all for your input

9. danf_fl

10. AR10

AR10 New Member

In the Clinton era, you could not get an FFL without a storefront. No home FFLs. When did they relax that?

Distributors like Southern Ohio Gun (SOG ) will find you in no time. Your mailbox will be stuffed in about three months.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  11. danf_fl

It was during the Clinton era, I first got mine.
    There was a way to do it without a storefront.

It was my protest to his shutting down FFLs.

12. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I'm an FFL 07 and I work out of my house. I recommend RSR Group, Davidsons, Lipseys, Mounts Plus, Tactical Gear Distributors.

13. jaminsguns

jaminsguns New Member

The issue with Lipsey's is as a non storefront I can't get a credit line. Where the others I have not had any issues with credit lines. Has anyone else run into a similar situation, and found the way around it? I'm an 01 dealer.

14. danf_fl

My answer would be that there so many other wholesalers in the world and here are my credit references.

Take it or I go somewhere else.

15. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I only keep a credit line with Zanders. The rest of the distributors I use I just pay as I order.

16. bargeahead

bargeahead New Member

We started in Jan'2011; Davidsons was the first to grant us a credit line albeit only $1500. Since then we've built it up to $10,000 by keeping an average -16 days to due date. Zanders gave us auto debit from our bank account. RSR has given us a $5,000+ line with MGE and Williams we're on CHAX payment. With our payment history, MGE will initiate the shipment before getting payment.

17. roughneck266

roughneck266 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

We only do credit with RSR. Prefer ACH anyway to be honest.
    Argyle_Armoring Thanks for the heads up on mounts plus. Hadnt heard of them before.