New family members

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by string1946, Aug 14, 2013.

1. string1946

string1946 New Member

Here's is two new family members I picked up from Boston Terrier Rescue of South Carolina yesterday. Everybody needs watch dogs. :D

Attached Files:

2. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

How cute! Congrats on the new arrivals. I'm sure you'll be very happy. :D

3. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

The only dog that I can remember my father ever getting attached to was a little Boston Terrier that we found out in the woods when I was a kid. She was obviously well cared for and dad put an add in the paper, etc. She really liked the old man and would always sit with him in his chair and if he was lying on the couch, they both would snooze. After about 6 months , there was a knock on the door and an older couple thought she may be theirs, and when she saw the couple, you knew she belonged to them. I felt really sorry for my father because he really loved that little rascal, but he knew she should be with her owners and was pleased they had found her.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

Very cute. I have an Old Boston Bulldogge which is basically the same thing as the terrier, but they're bred to be slightly larger.

She's a wonderful dog. Very loving and very sweet. Not the best picture, but here ya go.

image-1195760480.jpg

5. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

good looking Pup! he could be Gator's cousin

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have had two Boston Terriers in my life. They were great dogs. Very animated, endless energy and loved playing with the kids. Crazy fun dogs.

7. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

This is the newest member of my family. He is going to chew through all of my stuff eventually.

image-3044079476.jpg

8. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

What is the breed?

Love the pup. Make sure you pick up some chew toys and watch for the slipper, boots and the favorite sandal taking! :D

Our Bluetick Coonhound loves my shoes.

9. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Hes australian shepherd. Im not sure if hes pure bread, but i know hes pretty close. His favorite chew toys are shoes, socks, and electronics cords :( im already out $100+ on cords alone. Its terrible.

10. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

We have female Australia Shepherd and German Shepherd mix. She did some damage when we first got her, wife was ready to scream. This pup is what got my wife into dog training. We have had her since July 2008, she was a terror in the beginning, she would watch my wife plant some flowers in a heavy pot as an example; well, an hour later she is dragging that heavy pot across the yard. She pulled up some fences and neatly stacked them at the back patio entrance, smiling look at the wife - look what I did!

Most of her behavior was in the first 2 years and she mellowed out after that.

She helps the wife train other dogs!
    We have to put her to work and make her worn out.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Beautiful Australian Shepherd. That is my sister's breed of choice. Very protective and busy dogs. Yeah, you're going to have to exercise this dog like crazy. Get her chasing a tennis ball or frisbee for a while every day to wear her out. And obedience training is a must. My sister's Aussie bit my husband (now my ex) once. The dog had good judgement. LOL

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  12. JW357

JW357 New Member

My sister likes them too. They're great dogs.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  13. JW357

JW357 New Member

He definitely looks pure-bred to me.

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Handsome pup!

15. string1946

string1946 New Member

He's a beautiful pup. We lost an Akita 10 months ago after 15 years and it took this long for us be ready for more pets.

16. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Im sorry to hear that :( losing a 4 legged family member is never easy.