New equipment on the Arsenal

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Hendoproof, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Hendoproof

Hendoproof New Member

Recently got around to putting some new stuff on Arsenal SGL-31. Put on a Mako Recoil Compensating Adjustable Stock, UTG Quad Rail, Magpul RVG Vertical Grip, UTG Quick Detach Side Mount, and a cheapy UAG red dot lol. Wasn't originally going to do this. I was originally planning to leave it vanilla, but I liked the utility of the items too much. My next all wood furniture AK will be left alone though :D

Some before and after pictures

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

2. Glore

Glore New Member

Looks sweet! I like it.

3. Hendoproof

Hendoproof New Member

Thanks. Just need to site the Red Dot in now.

4. Hendoproof

Hendoproof New Member

Oh, and what is your red dot zeroed at Glore?

5. Glore

Glore New Member

Zeroed mine in at 50 yards

6. southernfirepower

southernfirepower New Member

Word of advice.... Those utg rail comers tend to slip of once the rail warms up. So I would be careful with that.

7. Hendoproof

Hendoproof New Member

Thanks for the advice. Do you have these same rails or did you hear/read this. And any tips on keeping them on? I do have them on pretty secure with two shims, might have to do a third..

8. southernfirepower

I have those rails. I have not had to tighten them again they stay on really good.... The do capture quite a bit of heat so just make sure all the polymers you put on there are high grade so they don't melt

Edit: where you talking about keeping the covers on or the rails?

9. Hendoproof

Hendoproof New Member

I was asking about keeping the rails themselves on securely. I was thinking about doing a third shim but that might be overkill on tightness to the receiver. The reason I went with polymer grips is because I didn't want the heat to transfer to a metal grip. I hope the magpul holds up to the heat.

10. southernfirepower

I havnt had Any issues with my grips, they held up really well.

image-1086617399.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  11. Hendoproof

Hendoproof New Member

Nice EOTech and paint job on your gun. How did you get your grips to cengter perfectly when you put them on? I noticed mine were slightly tilted but i figure ill end up taking a rubber mallet and tapping it a few times lol.

12. southernfirepower

I had to apply a little bit of pressure to have them clip into place. Just make sure that the spacers are in to ensure they don't move. And thanks

13. THEAKDUDE

THEAKDUDE New Member

I'm thinking about getting an eotech any kind type that is good looking, working, price?

14. southernfirepower

You can find the 512 for 409 online. They use aa batteries. For about 50 bucks more you can get the xps I think it is. It's smaller and use 123a batteries