New Desert Eagle

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by maddoccanis, Nov 15, 2012.

1. maddoccanis

maddoccanis New Member

I just laid away a Magnum Desert Eagle in 44 magnum. One turned up near here in Titanium Gold. What do you think about concealed carry? I was thinking a wheelbarrow and a tarp.....doc:rolleyes:

2. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I was going with riding a remote control horse to hide the Eagle.

3. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Nice, .44 mag is a beast! A buddy has one .357 mag, shooting it is a riot. Get her paid off!

4. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Went to a gun show today and bought some guns. I got a extremely affordable J P Sauer .44 magnum revolver, a Bersa .380 (for my sister), a Thompson center contender .223, and a Desert Eagle .44 magnum. Monday is going to be a good day at the range.

5. ncampbell

ncampbell New Member

I like all of those choices except the Bersa. I used to own one and it was the biggest piece of garbage i ever owned. It wouldnt even feed an entire magazine without a failure to feed or fire. Sent it back for work twice and still the same problems. I ended up trading it and some extra cash for a Ruger SR9c.

6. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

First complaint I have ever herd n the Bersa. Wow

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

me too! mine has functioned with everything shot through it so far. IMO, an excellent pistol for the price.

8. ncampbell

ncampbell New Member

Thats what i heard and went off of when i bought it. I guess i was just the unlucky one to get a dud. Lol.

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

it can happen. nobody can make a perfect product everytime. that's why they have warranties.

10. ncampbell

ncampbell New Member

No kidding. Had it worked better, i would probably still be using it as my EDC. It wasnt a bad platform, just one that wasn't wanting to function reliably.

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I CC my DE44 in a small satchel.

It's comforting, when I have abandonment

issues. Weighs a ton, tho.

You'll love the fireball from WWB ammo...

12. maddoccanis

maddoccanis New Member

I remember an old movie "Hickey and Boggs" I think where the antihero carried in a folded newspaper. I have a Ruger single six in 22lr which may be my favorite gun, but the first one I bought was a Colt Anaconda in 44 mag, I always shoot it one handed like Matt Dillon.

Love the lycanthropic nickname.....doc

13. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Love my DE in 50AE. I had a cross chest rig that I bought a long time ago for it but didn't really like it. There was an upholstery shop where I used to work and I brought the holster and some nylon webbing to them and they made me up a nice thigh/tactical holster. Works pretty good but certainly not concealed. I'd think for concealed carry, a shoulder holster would work.