New CZ 455 Varmint Setup

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Olympus, May 4, 2012.

1. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I just finished mounting my new scope on my new 455 Varmint and man that thing looks slick! The scope I went with is the Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10x50. I opted for the Leupold high rimfire rings. Got the rings mounted where I wanted and went to mount the scope. Noticed the bell was contacting the top of the barrel. So I had to cut two shims and that brought the scope off the barrel just enough. Looks killer and I can't wait to shoot it! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Great looking rimfire rig Olympus! [​IMG]

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Thanks Cane. Hopefully it shoots as good as it looks. Might be a while before I get a chance to shoot it though. I will post targets when I can.

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

My first target was pretty good, 0.384 for a 5-shot group at 50 yards. Better than a dime size, so I'm happy. Since I had to shim my scope, I ran out of elevation adjustment on my scope, so my groups are still about 2.5" low. I've got to figure out how to make some more room for elevation adjustment.

5. Dan308

Dan308 New Member

just shim the rear mount and it should fix your problem. Great looking rig!

6. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Did that this morning and got everything sighted back in. Shoots great, but I think I'm going to do some improving to the trigger.

7. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Olympus,that is one beautiful looking rimfire! the stock is definately some good looking walnut. seems like it's accurate as well as good looking! nice.

9. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Thanks Axxe. I actually just finished building a bullet trap this week for my backyard rimfire range and used the CZ to put it through the test. Works like a charm. Once I get my woods clean out enough this fall and winter, I'll try the trap out on larger calibers.