new concealed carry

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by leam23, May 25, 2011.

1. leam23

leam23 New Member

im looking to get a new ccw for my wife. she is very familiar with firearms and very proficient. i like the lcp and she does too, but she has been told by co workers to consider the smith and wesson bodyguard (auto .380). i have little knowledge of the bodyguard. looking to get a gun of this size due to the fact its easier for a female to conceal a gun thats smaller. if i buy her one that she likes, shell carry more ( which is what i want her to do ) and ill have a new toy too, lol. any help would be great. pros? cons? experience.thanks

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

As I said many times "You can't go wrong with a Rugers LCP 380." Small, concealable, lethally potent, and quite accurate.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McLEiRJbjpY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited: May 26, 2011

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong wirh the LCP.

4. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

:) I've front pocket carried my LCP every day for the last couple months. Sometimes as back-up, sometimes as my only weapon. Great little handgun! I like mine!!

5. Jess

Jess New Member

I think .380s are snappy. Mine was and it was awful hard to conceal. The caliber of the gun doesn't ALWAYS translate into it being easier to conceal or not. I have a 9mm XD that is much easier for me to conceal that my .380 ever was. And I can shoot it all day long, it isn't snappy at all even though it is a subcompact.

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Your .380 must not have been an lcp!

7. Jess

Jess New Member

nope :( I have decided to get one though so I can ankle carry this summer snappy or otherwise LOL

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

See if you can borrow or rent what she wants, and go shooting.

Does she buy shoes based on what friends say?

Ask her if she bought shoes that fit well in the store, but once she wore them for an hour or two, got blisters or pinched toes?

Even if you let her decide on which firearm to carry, will she?

9. Wambli

Wambli Member

My wife HATES the KelTec .380 and other .380's I've let her play with (she will carry it grudgingly) but LOVES her Kahr P9. Much better trigger and grip, a lot more fun to shoot and practice with and almost as easy to conceal (the CM version is even easier to hide and just as good a gun). I would let her play with a Kahr too.

10. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

Bt380

Have her try a Bersa Thunder .380 and she'll love it, check it out

[​IMG]

11. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Danf is right on target, my wife wanted a.357 which is a great gun but big and heavy for her to carry. We got together with our friends at the range and traded guns for a couple of hours. She fell in love with the LCP...until she pulled the trigger. She now carries a Bersa .380 CC. She shoots it well now that I have gotten her to apply front sight shooting skills, because at 5-10 feet you don't need to aim at the heart to hit the target. The main point is what will she carry and shoot well...heavy on the carry and shoot well.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I have the Bodyguard 380. It has a comparable trigger to the LCP. The BG sights are far superior to the LCP. The BG has a slide lock. If you want a laser on your 380, the LCP will cost you considerably more.

The sights alone make the BG far more appealing.