New Combat Elite

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by vinnyd, Jul 6, 2011.

1. vinnyd

vinnyd New Member

Hello:
    New to the forum, but thought a good way to say "Hi" was a pic of my new Colt "Combat Elite." Very nice finish and excellent fit. Shoots better than I can! Enjoy.:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's a good looking Colt ya' got there. :cool:

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Good looking COlt for sure. Welcome to the forum!

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Nice colt. What kind of grips are those? Cocobolo, Rosewood,?

Welcome to the forum

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Very nice!

I likes me some Colts. :p

6. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

Mmmm Colt .45

Bill Dee would be proud

7. skimbell

skimbell New Member

The grips are rosewood. Colt has them made solely for the Combat Elite. About a year ago I was on the phone to Colt about some CE parts that I needed for a project that I was doing and I mentioned that I was looking for a set of the CE grips. The guy told me to wait a minute, came back and said that the grips were for sale. Shortly after that, I called to see about getting another set and was told that Colt no longer sells just the grips. I have since heard that they intend to begin selling the grips again in the fall, who knows with Colt.
    Anyway, I ordered a set along with the other parts that I needed. I was turing a nasty looking matte stainless series 80 into a CE look alike. The grips REALLY helped. Here's the finished project:

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

8. vinnyd

vinnyd New Member

Wow:
    You did a nice job on that, very nice!;) If you fellas like Colts, here's my MKIV Series 70 I bought new in 1974 for $169 (alot of money back then)!:D It still runs well and is all original, including the collet bushing, except for a new recoil spring. Oh, and the other one is my 1999 Kimber Classic Custom (I like it too)! Enjoy. Good luck and good shooting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Sharp looking Combat Elite! I've always liked those. :D