New Colts...........

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Bob Wright, May 9, 2013.

1. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

I've been lookin for a Colt New Frontier in .44 Special, without much success, until yesterday. I had made a trade with another shooter for a 5 1/2" Colt New Frontier in .44 Special. Had to be sent to my gunsmith for FFL. The gun was due in yesterday, so I tried to kill some time until it arrived. Well, I stumble upon a 7 1/2" .44 Special New Frontier while I was killing time and sort of accidentally bought it, too.

[​IMG]

The pair double my .44 Special battery.

Bob Wright

2. Garadex

Garadex New Member

"accidentally"... very believable. Nice looking guns though.

3. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Very very nice bobw.

4. Intheshop

Intheshop New Member

Very nice!Are you going to shoot them?

5. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Awesome!!

Lmao! My thoughts exactly!!! :)

6. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

You betch'em, Red Ryder! Big problem today~have a wedding to attend, knocks out my range session.

Bob Wright

7. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

NICE!!!!!!! Couple handfuls of fun!!!

8. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I am so green with jealousy. Nice pair (something I don't say to a man to often).

9. JW357

JW357 New Member

Very nice. Congrats. Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know much about SAO revolvers. Why 44 Special and not Magnum? As long as they make these in 44 Magnum, why not get those for the added versatility?

Again, please excuse my naïveté. Prolly a stupid question, I'm just curious.

10. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Well, as for .44 Magnums, I have these to select from:

[​IMG]

I'm don't mean to be snide, I've had my long run of experience with the .44 Magnum. But maybe I'm getting senile, but I'm getting back into the .44 Special as a more relaxed way of shooting.

Further, Colt does not offer these in .44 Magnum, currently only .44 Special and .45 Colt. And, I did want a Colt.

And why did I buy a .44 Special? Because they were there.

Bob Wright

P.S. Most of these are .44 Magnum, and are Rugers

11. JW357

JW357 New Member

Makes perfect sense. Very nice collection. I'm jealous. Congrats again on your new purchases.

12. Intheshop

Intheshop New Member

JMO....but one that's shared with quite a few,

The .44 sp is probably one of the best kept secrets in ballistics AND handguns.With modern firearms/metallurgy it's not giving up a whole lot.And you can have it pkg'd in a much more handy framed revolver.

A 4-1/2" Blackhawk in .44 sp makes just about an ideal woods/carry gun around here.With cast bullets and the right load,the acc. is amazing.