New Colt?

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by Scratchammo, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  2. PTsouthpaw

PTsouthpaw New Member

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

I'm sure you're right on that one.

4. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

It is. A look at the prices should have been enough to know it wasn't for guns. You can probably find a NIB 3rd generation for around 600 but it still isn't a real Colt

5. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I figured. Colt seems to charge you by the part so seeing that was a little unlike them. Well since I'm on the subject can anyone tell me about Uberti/Cimarron? How would one of those compare to an original Colt? I've read mixed reports of Uberti's quality increasing within the last few years.

6. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

I have a Cimarron/Uberti "Model P" (Peacemaker replica) in .45 Colt. I think it is a very high quality revolver. I'm actually planning on taking it to the range tomorrow morning! It is a great deal of fun to shoot (I shoot only Black Powder cartridges in it).

7. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Sounds encouraging. The "Man With No Name" gun caught my interest as it shoots .38 special.

8. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I've got one in 44-40. It's a great gun. The front sight is left high so once you get your load perfected you can file it down to poa.

[​IMG]

9. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

This is also why I'm considering Uberti:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYOJa8ZNxmE&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - How It's Made - Uberti Revolvers[/ame]

10. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

Uberti's are good quality guns,I own a few original colt's and some replica's and I have to admit that the action of the original colt's feel smoother
    but the nickel plated uberti is '"tuned" by a gunsmith and it it's action is like perfect
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010