NEW COLT !! This one for Cane !!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Powersportgiant, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

Colt Special Combat Government

So I ran across this today, looked at it and fondled it and just had to have it. So I grabbed it. I was not able to research it, so I do not know much about it, but what I can find, it seems pretty rare...?

Cane, can you tell me a little more on this such as: Value (book & collector), build quality, etc... I appreciate it !!

Attached Files:

2. 1911ripley

1911ripley New Member

Nice the two tone looks real good

3. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

I'm jealous, beautiful Colt.

4. Powersportgiant

Thanks guys, I really know nothing about these, hope she's a tack driver !

5. fetep

fetep New Member

That's beautiful. What did you pay?

6. Powersportgiant

Well I did some trading on it. I gave up a stainless 80 series (which I liked) and an AR I picked up
    For cheap. I have just over $1200 in it.

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

The Blue Book says that the two-tone was introduced in 2004. If it came with a certified target then it likely came from the Colt Custom Shop.

100% - $1625
    98% - $1350
    95% - %1075

8. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member Supporter

Yes Sir that's a nice one have fun!

9. billt

billt New Member

A beautiful pistol indeed. My local shop had a 2 tone Combat Elite come in a month or so ago. I usually check on his website to see if he gets anything I can't live without. I saw the Colt, but I couldn't get to his shop until the next day. When I got there it was gone.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

WOW, how did I miss this thread?? :confused:

That is one be-ute-T-full Custom Shop Colt.

As big a Colt's fan as I admit to being, I have yet to buy a Custom Shop gun.

** mad envy **

You done good PSG! [​IMG]

And if you've only got $1200 in it you are way ahead of the curve.

With a MSRP of $1,995 and a street price of $1800 you could flip that puppy and make a quick $50, just tell me where to send the check! :p

My "Book" shows a 100% condition at $1700.

Yep, just PM me for the shipping instructions. - cane

11. rock185

rock185 Member

Power, I bought a new SCG a few years ago. Mine looked just like yours and was chambered in .38 Super. It was a nice gun, totally reliable, with the Bo-Mar sights that I prefer. I got a smokin deal on mine too, ~$1200+tax. I don't recall exactly, but I know they didn't list for ~$2000.00 back then. I handled a few before buying mine, both calibers, all hard chrome, the two-tones,etc. Went down to a shop to buy an all hard chrome .45 SCG they had in stock, but turned it down due to a factory defect. Some time later bought the Super SCG at the same shop. As to build quality, mine, and the others I handled, were assembled consistent with any new commercial Government Model. I found no evidence of any precision fitting or accurizing of any kind. Same loose drop in barrel bushing, same Colt slide to frame fitting, etc. as a production Government Model,etc. I guess I'd have been more impressed with it if I hadn't already owned a Heinie, Baer,Wilson, RR, etc. Still, the SCGs are very nice guns, especially for anything like $1200.00 now days.