New Colt .38 Super.

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by limbkiller, Jan 7, 2013.

1. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Well I picked up a RIA .38 super for $300 back in June and love the way it shoots. Have fallen in love with the .38 super as it really is fun to shoot.

Got a chance to get this Colt .38 super and since I love Colts I couldn't resist. Man it cycles shells better than any 1911 I have ever shot. So smooth and what a joy to shoot. I will get better wood grips SOON!! Eat your heart out Hossfly. LOLOL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With my RIA. The RIA has Aluma grips on it. The Colt has had the trigger changed out and touched up by Joe Chambers.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

You are the man. I have a number of Colt 1911 .45 ACP pistols. The .38 Super Colt is high on my want list. Do you reload for the Super?:D

3. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

No sir but I need to start reloading for all calibers. Did years ago and moved around for a few years and got out of it.

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

Welcome to the club LK. Thought I was the only .38 Super fan here. I've had my Colt since 1972 and it's still my favorite cartridge.

5. dogwalk

dogwalk New Member

My 38 Super

Looks just like mine. What a wonderful pistol. Have had mine for several years and must admit, it will out shoot any of my other pistols. I reload for it as well. Enjoy, DOGWALK

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nice snag LK!

I may need to look into a 38 super. [​IMG]

7. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I always wanted my own .38 Super. They've improved over the decades and I actually prefer it to the .45. I always look. But it isn't high on my list and I'm not getting rid of my Colt Combat Target, so...

8. duelist1954

duelist1954 New Member

I have several 1911s in .45 ACP, and I love 'em. But I have to say that my .38 Super is really fun to shoot.