New Colt 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Hightide, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Hightide

Hightide New Member

I am thrilled to see that Colt Mfg. is carrying on the Colt tradition and marketing guns for civilians. They have a nice catalog on the website and claim to continue production of several 1911 models. Okay, I'm sold, I would like a new 1911 with a horse on it.....but I can't seem to find one anywhere!! Anybody know where they can be found or what the future holds for the Colt 1911?

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I don't recall seeing a new Colt in any display case for sale. Check with you local gunshops about ordering you a colt.

Search on the interweb, there are stores out there with Colts in stock.

3. Donn

Donn Active Member

The quality of their civilian products took a hit while Colt had the military contract. Now that they don't have it any more hopefully they'll address that issue. It would really be nice if Colt started making double action revolvers again.

4. cuba

cuba New Member

What do you mean ? the way I understand it, Colt stopped producing for the Army in the late 40's, and by your conclusion they won't be providing the civilian market till they fill the new MARSOC order of 12,000 units ?

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

5. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Other than the occasional New Agent, no new Colts available in my area either. But saw several at a gun show a couple weeks ago. I think maybe it's because none of the local gun stores are listed as a dealer on Colt's website. A couple of them say they can order them but can't say how long it'll take. I notice that Davidson's shows all of them "Allocated" & a local Davidson's dealer tells me that is because Colt can't make delivery on orders already in house.

6. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

We have a dealer that has a whole case full of colts

7. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

My LGS has 4-5 in the case. What I never see is one used. He's between $900-$1500 on what he's got.

8. Hightide

Hightide New Member

I hear you on the DA Revolvers Donn. Luckily I'm okay there in several calibers. I even own two .38 Diamondbacks.

9. Hightide

Hightide New Member

You folks who have stocked dealers, if you don't mind sharing, what part of the country are your dealers located?

10. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

I use gunbroker a lot and get guns shipped to my local FFL. Once in a while (rarely), my FFL will have 1 or 2 Colts in store, but usually nothing I'm looking for. I'm really liking my "Rail Gun" (the one the marines are gonna switch to) and Series 70. My next purchase will be a lighter weight Colt for the day my $@!#$ city gets CCW.

11. kvtcomdo

kvtcomdo New Member

Colt Revolvers

+1 on the DA Revolvers.:D