New Colt 1911 Owner

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by JL77, Feb 16, 2013.

1. JL77

JL77 New Member

I just scored a Colt Wiley Clapp LW Commander. It is my first 1911 and I cant wait to shoot it.

I previously had looked at the Colt New Agent and seriously considered it. But, the 3 inch barrel became a concern. I had a thread about it but couldn't pull the trigger on it.

When I found this one, I had to get it. Feels so good in the hands. I read that some don't like the "oval grips" but I like them. They seem to fit my hand nicely.

It is a tight gun, absolutely no rattle in mine.

I think I'm going to love it and own it for the rest of my life. I'm pretty pumped about it.

I'll have a range report after I shoot this gem.

image-1678556798.jpg

Sorry if the picture isn't great, it's from my phone. I have money for guns but not cameras.

2. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Great score. I love Colt guns and that one is a winner. Shoot the hell out of it and give us a report. You are gonna be real happy.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

very nice Colt! i seriously doubt you will regret buying it. personally i am a big fan of the Commander sized pistols. enjoy her and get us a range report.

BTW, this being your first 1911, you need to plan on the next one. they can be addictive!

4. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Very nice! If I happened upon one at the local store I don't think I could pass it up!

5. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Unfortunately for your wallet, this is the very painful truth. You may as well just go back and get the New Agent now, you're going to want it in a week.

Now I feel like shopping....

6. Westy

Westy New Member

I'm envious! Mine won't be here until Tuesday!:)

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations! We'll require a range report and a plethora of pictures.

8. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Sweet! Why wouldn't you own it a lifetime? That's a keeper. Congrats.

9. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

That one is on my wish list.