Firearms Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just scored a Colt Wiley Clapp LW Commander. It is my first 1911 and I cant wait to shoot it.

I previously had looked at the Colt New Agent and seriously considered it. But, the 3 inch barrel became a concern. I had a thread about it but couldn't pull the trigger on it.

When I found this one, I had to get it. Feels so good in the hands. I read that some don't like the "oval grips" but I like them. They seem to fit my hand nicely.

It is a tight gun, absolutely no rattle in mine.

I think I'm going to love it and own it for the rest of my life. I'm pretty pumped about it.

I'll have a range report after I shoot this gem.

image-1678556798.jpg

Sorry if the picture isn't great, it's from my phone. I have money for guns but not cameras.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Great score. I love Colt guns and that one is a winner. Shoot the hell out of it and give us a report. You are gonna be real happy.

·
Banned
0 Posts
very nice Colt! i seriously doubt you will regret buying it. personally i am a big fan of the Commander sized pistols. enjoy her and get us a range report.

BTW, this being your first 1911, you need to plan on the next one. they can be addictive!

·
Registered
456 Posts
BTW, this being your first 1911, you need to plan on the next one. they can be addictive!
Unfortunately for your wallet, this is the very painful truth. You may as well just go back and get the New Agent now, you're going to want it in a week.

Now I feel like shopping....

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm envious! Mine won't be here until Tuesday!:)

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Congratulations! We'll require a range report and a plethora of pictures.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Sweet! Why wouldn't you own it a lifetime? That's a keeper. Congrats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts