New coffee places

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by darthjkf, Sep 20, 2013.

1. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

Due to what's going on, does anybody have any good suggestions for coffee places that aren't Starbucks? I am in texas

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It's a hell of slot cheaper to make your own.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

And I make it stronger than any coffee house.

I think I've bought maybe, MAYBE ten cups of coffee in my almost 30 years.

4. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

That's a good point, where can I get good light brew coffee

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'd assume any grocery store.
    I buy the cheapest I can get ($6/lb) and brew it in an old fashioned percolator.
    My coffee will wake you from a coma and put hair on a woman's chest. Lol

6. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

Ha. Never heard that one before.

7. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

My parents bought my sister a Keurig a few years ago. It's just catching dust right now.

8. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Wal-Mart! :D

$20.00 for a decent coffee maker, anywhere from $6.00 to $10.00 for your choice of coffee, add coffee, add water, wait 12 minutes and enjoy. :D

I use 100% Columbian (coffee that is :D). I put in 3 scoops and drink. At that strength you can either clean your weapon with it or drink it, your choice. It is my brand of Army coffee.

9. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Convenience store coffee works for me. It is always fresh with lots of turn-over and it taste better then the road tar served by Starbucks.

10. magnumman

magnumman New Member

Folgers works for me. Not to mention you get a nice air tight container for your handloads every couple of weeks

11. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I like chock'full o' nuts. It is tasty

12. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

That's what grandfather drinks. Thanks for the help.

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i brew lots of coffee during the fall and winter months. i like the chickory blended coffees. full of rich flavor and strong.

i have only stopped at Starbucks maybe once or twice and to say the least, i wasn't really impressed with their high priced coffee. i have had much better at convenience stores. plus it was much cheaper!

14. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Ive had my pot of Eight O'clock 100% Colombian Coffee every morning, Black as the ace of spades and thick enough to stand a spoon in. I will rarely pay $3.50 for a cup of coffee when I can get a whole bag of freshly ground coffee for a buck more. Besides, 5:00 wake up, coffee, in my bathrobe, puppy on my lap, blogging on FTF all seem to go together perfectly.

15. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I'm fond of Shell gas station coffer. It's a whopping $0.59 to fill my 24 oz coffee cup.

16. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Get a grinder and a French press. You won't regret it. Circle k has good coffee. Shell here is horrible.

17. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

For home brew,
    I like
    Folgers Black Silk.

18. 1911love

1911love New Member

Eight O'clock is great. Publix has it buy one get one free fairly often. Comes as beans or already ground, lots of flavor choices if you want to get crazy.

Community Coffee is great also if you can find it in your area. It's a New Orleans staple.

Mom and pop local coffee houses usually roast their own beans and often sell many varieties. Obviously you can try before you buy. If you go by one of these, ask about their "pea berry" choices. Its a whole bean instead of half, lots more flavor IMO. Only a tiny fraction of production is pea berry.

19. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

Your local industrial food service company will have bulk coffee in a 5 gallon bucket. It's black as pitch, smells like smelting road tar when it cooks and itll reinforce the cup and leave a stain in it that wont come out. Its great.

20. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

We get the Costco "Kirkland" brand, not the decaf. It works great in a espresso machine. :D

It is cheaper than going to Starbucks!