New Club SKS member!!

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by kawiski900, Feb 11, 2009.

1. kawiski900

kawiski900 New Member

Ok so I have wanted one for about 15 years, but have never bought one(even though I should have many years ago when I could get them for 469 a throw at pawn shops where I was stationed in the Army). I got myself a Norinco. I want to somewhat age it and see what type I have but everything I have seen on the internet is very confusing. I would post pics but have no idea how to? I will tell you this, it has no bayonet, but it does have the nounts, I believe it is a late version with stamped trigger gaurd. Very good stock condition, cleaning kit minus the cleaing rod. Matching #'s. It has no Chinese letters on the side but does have what looks like a triangle made of at least 2 A's . If I figure out how to get pics I will, otherwise any help would be great. I do know that I payed a little more than I wanted but they seem to be getting a little scarce up here and the prices going up a bit anyhow.

2. kawiski900

kawiski900 New Member

Ok I guess nobody knows what I am talking about, thanks anyhow. But does anyone know of a good web site or even a book that has dating and marking info on SKS rifles!! Thanks in advance for any help!!! Aagain i didnt buy it to put in a collection to be rich someday, just would like to know a little about it is all.

3. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I know the 4 key is also the $ key, so I assume you mean $69 and NOT $469...

You mean that you want to date the firearm, not age it right? Usually when people talk about aging something, they usually refer to a new stock or a repair on a firearm. Like, using a set of washers or keys on a stock repair to add "age" to it, matching the rest of the old warhorse...

By the way, welcome to the club! I love my sks and you will, too!

4. kawiski900

kawiski900 New Member

Thanks for the welcome!!!

Ok so typing is not the best thing that i do!!!

Yes it was $69.00 and yes I want to date it!!!

5. swordtail99

swordtail99 New Member

6. kawiski900

kawiski900 New Member

You are right, very great site!!!! Thanks that is what i was looking for!!!

7. KSlongliner

KSlongliner New Member

i have the same gun as you and recently bought it, works fine, nevr had it jam..it only wont shoot evry now and then when you get a dud shell. Im not sure what you are talking about as far as aging it.

8. kawiski900

kawiski900 New Member

I gues I would just like to know how old it is. I mean is it very new as far as SKS's go or is it in the middle? I know it is not a very early model but it would be fun to know the round about year it was made.

I did get out to shoot it the other day, WOW!!! What and awsome weapon!!! It was very smooth and very accurate!!! I could not be more happy to have bought it!!!