New CHL

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mariam, Apr 13, 2007.

1. mariam

mariam Guest

My name is Mariam and my husband and I just got our concealed handgun license.

Looking for some information on holsters.

Rifling82 and MisterMcCool like this.
  2. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey Member Supporter

Thread moved to general.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Mariam- welcome! Glad you and your other half found us. One of my fellow Admins, Winds of Change will be along presently (she has been working nights)

Holsters.... hoo boy!!! That is going to depend on what gun, how you carry- and what you wear.

I am not a lady- but have a little experience in this area. Problem for women is twofold- First- you have curves in places that the males don't. While that DOES make live enjoyable, it makes it hard to tuck a gun in the inconspicuously. Second- women's clothes SUCK for concealed carry!

WHERE is the BELT ??? Why are there no pockets? Why so damned tight???

Go with a good belt, look at tuckable holsters, and look at a 5 o'clock belt carry. In a skirt have seen folks go to a thigh carry- looks uncomfortable to me. And there are the bra holsters.

Some good thoughts HERE: https://www.flashbangstore.com/

4. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

The whole Jackass Leather/ Galco Miami Classic line was first come up with as a way to help ladies carry concealed. My daughter (the Lovely Miss Freefall) has problems with it. But I say look at a shoulder or crossdraw rig. Ladies arm joints just work a bit different from what I've seen.

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

@c3shooter
    Of all people....
    Please look at the date of the original post. I’m sure this couple has settled on holsters and likely replaced those first pistols. :p

kfox75 likes this.
  6. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I guess we got caught in the moment.

Rifling82 and MisterMcCool like this.
  7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Mac- you are right. All I can say is look at the time of day I posted...….
    No coffee!

Rifling82 likes this.
  8. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Heck .. it's a good thing to discuss, might help some of the ladies out old or not

c3shooter likes this.
  9. En Passant

En Passant Active Member

OMG, duck! Soon you will be like the most of us and have a drawer full of holsters that were not quite right, but were ok. ;)