new CC weapon.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by okieboy, Apr 11, 2013.

1. okieboy

okieboy New Member

So I currently carry an LC9. However I've been wanting to get into something with a bit more capacity and heft to the round. I've debating between 40 s&w and 45 acp. If I go 45 I think the glock 30 (especially the model S if I can find it) would be perfect. I like that I can carry g21 mags as backups. However any other thoughts on the choice of cartridge or perhaps gun choice? Don't offer XDs I don't like them and never will. Just saying.

2. okieboy

okieboy New Member

Thanks. I appreciate it

3. okieboy

okieboy New Member

Pardon the username. Meant to be gunsmith but I hit the wrong key and didn't see it til I'd hit register.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol. The mods may be able to fix it for you. Not sure though.

5. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Gumsmith would make you a dentist right? :)

6. okieboy

okieboy New Member

Hahaha thatd be an awesome nickname for a dentist

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Kahr makes the PM45 , it not real cheap with the polygonal rifled barrel but its about the same size as the LC9 , 5 rd . I have a P45 6 rd which is a tad bigger than the PM and its not that much bigger than my Diamondback DB9 which is smaller than the LC9 . If you can wait a bit Karr will have the CM 45 standard rifled barrel and it will run in the mid $400-$500 range same size as the PM just a standard barrel . Should be out very soon . The P45 conceals just fine IWB . Heres a pic of the larger P45 next to the DB9.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. okieboy

okieboy New Member

I'd like something with at least 9-10 round standard capacity

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I understand , just remember double stack mean a much wider gun

10. okieboy

okieboy New Member

I understand but I can accept the extra .2-.3 inches

11. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

I've been looking into the same thing lately and I'm leaning toward the .45 solely on the fact that I see .45 ammo more readily available then .40 right now. Now I just need to decide between a Glock 30 or 36. Does anybody have any input on these 2 models? Also are the gen 4s any better?

12. danolator

danolator New Member

I like .40 caliber in gen 4. There's lots of of this ammo coming back on the market now & with a glock, you can shoot the cheap Russian stuff until the prices come down. Gen 4 gives you grip options and reversible magazine release. Being a lefty, I see this as an advantage over earlier Glock generations. Also, you can get extended mags for your range sessions. So there's my two cents.

13. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

Hmm. I haven't been to my LGS in a while. If .40 is truly coming back into stock then you've given me something else to think about. I wouldn't even need to stockpile much ammo for it as it wouldn't be a range gun. Now the decision has gotten more difficult. :)

14. Barney1023

Barney1023 New Member

40 is the only pistol cartridge I've seen in stock everywhere I get ammo in eastern ky. Even Walmart has has it in stock at all three stores close to me. I've been really shopping for 9mm here and have been able to get 600 rds in a month for my glock 19 I have in layaway. My next gun might be a 40 just because everyone has ammo for it here is it not as popular as 9 I thought everyone wanted 40 for sd. I just figured it would be hard to find but not so.

15. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

That's what she said....:cool:
    sorry, couldn't resist.
    Glock 30s. Go buy it now.
    /end

16. okieboy

okieboy New Member

Too broke now. Mom came first. Bought her a gun for mothers day. Plus I'm happy with my LC9 so I think I'll get a G23 when the time comes and see if I can carry that in colder weather

17. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

If your looking for .40 then look at the M&P shield. I carry shield when I CC or if I OC then I carry my Glock 23 gen 4

18. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Have you considered the 1911 platform? Para Ordinance makes a sub compact double stack 1911. It is the P10-45. I had one. Sorry I got rid of it. Really small package with a big punch. The grip is short. I had a pinky extension for my mag. That will give you an idea of the size. It is a 10 +1 capacity. Mine had a 3 inch barrel.

19. okieboy

okieboy New Member

I actually just started carrying my Govt model. I've decided I'm set for carry guns. I'm thinking a glock 23 for home defense/range/round out the collection cause I don't have a .40