New carry gun

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by bigbomar4, Jun 30, 2013.

1. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I'm looking for a new carry gun. I currently carry either a Sig P-938 or a CZ P-07. I am looking for something in between the two in size. 9mm SAO or SA/DA with an exposed hammer and an ambi safety. Night sights would be a plus but not required.

2. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

I see your preferences, but I would really give the xds-9 a good hard strong drawn out look. To me, it's the perfect carry gun and I love mine

3. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Sig Scorpion Commander size. It's pricey but you already own a Sig so you know they are solid handguns.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I do not carry on my person, but I have really enjoyed shooting my Bersa Thunder9UCP. It is not too price in the $425-450 range (slightly higher at Goose Bump). It holds 13+1. It has a decocker safety switch that is ambi. As a bonus to those with kids or evil monkey pets, there is a keyed internal lock for when you want it unusable. DA is looooong, but SA is nice.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...+Round+9MM+Ultra+Compact+Pistol+wMatte+Finish I prefer the satin nickel slide.

5. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

The XDS and the Scorpion aren’t what I’m looking for right now. I do want a Sig 1911 one day and the Scorpion is probably what I will be trying to get then.

I’ve seen the Bersa online but have never actually held one or even seen one in a shop. From what I can tell it is the size that I am looking for.