New cabine to me

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by dgray64, Aug 20, 2011.

1. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I was in Ohio this week visiting another daughter and grand kids again, and we took the time to run by MKS Supply thinking that they were an outlet for Hi-Point guns. Turns out that they do the marketing and advertising, but they directed me to the Vandalia Range and Armory outside Dayton. What a place! Hey have so many handguns in their glass cases that it's hard to get a hand in there to remove one. The walls of the long gun room are covered as well. I looked at several carbines as well as handguns for my daughter. After fondling a Hi-Point 9mm 995TS carbine, I had to have it for varmints and home defense. The price was right at $259 and I carried it out the door. She liked the Kahr CM9, but will go back with her husband to try a rental on the indoor range.

Anyone have one of these great carbines? The iron sights are great with a protected front sight and a peep sight at the rear. The rear stock extension is spring loaded to remove all recoil. I have ordered the built in magazine holder with a couple extra mags from the company. I also ordered a red dot. I don't know that I need it, but I like a red dot. Any experience here?

Dave :)

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That sounds great. Congrats.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Awaiting the range report.....

Congrats on the new shooter!